Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• paulselk
    replied to Help
    matching with SMGF

Let the fun begin!

You know the values for the pink markers, so now search with those values, and with the purple change each value one at a time until it turns pink. It's time consuming, but in the end you'll get the results.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• modal haplotype

507, Your project coordinator is a little misdirected. Modal Haplotypes should not be considered as your ancestor's exact Haplotype. Modals are arrived at by averaging a known group's marker values. Since the modal values are arrived at by averaging it is really only...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• paulselk
    replied to Haplogroup changes
    matches

Changes in your husband's Haplogroup definition (I assume you are talking about just refining to deeper subclade) will not affect his matches, if by matches you are referring to the STRs. He matches those people on a finite number of loci, and figuring out the precise Haplogroup...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• addendum

I forgot to mention, for a second opinion, I tested with SMGF, since I qualified for free testing from them, as you would being of Asian origin. You won't get results back from them, you have to unlock the results from GeneTree, that costs $49.50. Not a bad deal. They aren't...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• GeneTree, $179 for 46 marker test. You are aware that no other companies test all the same markers as FTDNA, right? As mentioned before, if you want to be sure, absolutely positive that your Y-line is aboriginal Taiwanese, you will need a deep clade test. Without it, although they are pretty good...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• paulselk
    replied to Help me pleas ,,,
    Use a family tree software, enter what you know about your parents, their parents etc. then use the software to make a GEDCOM from the information you entered. If you do not have a family tree program there are some decent ones that you can get for free on the internet. They will do what you need....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• paulselk
    replied to What are you hiding from?
    I agree, the whole point of this is to find others who may be closely related. I don't mind using my name as a screen name personally, I'm an open book. As far as the message boards are concerned I don't think having a cute screen name or alter ego is a problem. I don't think I'm going to find any...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• paulselk
    replied to Batch 388
    ME TOO!! Woke up this morning to find it final set in...Merry Christmas.
    No close matches, but not a problem, I'm going to swing over to YSearch and Ancestry and see what I come up with there.

Paul
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• paulselk
    replied to Batch 388
    second panel just came in a month early...yay!

Paul
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• paulselk
    replied to Batch 391
    I just received the 12 marker results three weeks early, which has been the general case recently. Of course, there has been an influx of pending tests due to the sale, but you should still get your test results much earlier than expected. My fiancee is also in batch 391 She's getting the mtDNA...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by paulselk; 16 December 2010, 10:35 AM. Reason: forgot to mention family name

Leave a comment:

• paulselk
    replied to Batch 388
    Got my results for the first 12 markers yesterday, 12/15, three weeks early. Of course at 12 markers there isn't much conclusion, but predicted haplogroup is I1 Now just waiting for the rest of the markers to narrow down the matches.

Paul
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• paulselk
    started a topic Batch 388

Batch 388

Greets, getting the 37-marker test done with these due dates. Results seem to be 3-4 weeks early recently, so hoping to have all by Christmas

Y-DNA37(Y-DNA13-25 Markers) 01/21/2011 388
    Y-DNA37(Y-DNA26-37 Markers) 01/21/2011 388
    Y-DNA37(Y-DNA1-12 Markers)...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X