Tags
  •  

replied to New My Origins Results
    My population components in the earlier version of myOrigins were:
    95% "Finland and Northern Siberia" +
    5% "Scandinavia"

In the new version I have this:
    100% "Finland"

It is great, of course. No more confusion! :rolley...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to [MyOrigins Strange Results Log]
    You mean in the Oracles? Well myOrigins do not have them. But if you run all the admix calculators in Gedmatch, you will notice how wildly the results vary. But we all like Gedmatch because there we can choose the admix result that pleases us the most. I think FTDNA cannot do it like Gedmatch does....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Have you noticed that, for example, under label "European" there might be many population components in myOrigins?

OK, then show me your own simple solution which satisfies your demands. Tell me the percentages which values for components A, B and C and their sum FTDNA should...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Neighbouring peoples always intermix at some degree. Many Finns have some Swedish roots and many Swedes have some Finnish roots.

I myself am a "pure" Finn with no known Swedish ancestors, but I have loads of Swedish FF-matches and myOrigins gives me 5% Scandinavian. I actually...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Are 48% of his FF matches Norwegian? Or if you mean 48% Scandinavian in myOrigins, he still needs lots of Norwegian, Swedish or Danish FF matches to make that estimated percentage realistic....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

It is the rounding error. FTDNA could avoid these complaints by forcing the sum always be 100%, but it would be faking and less accurate....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to Ancient Origins
    No, I am Finnish. None of my about 1000 ancestors in my family tree is known to have born outside Finland.

My 5% Non-European probably hails from Siberia. (However, I do not know when it reached Europe, and if it was here before or after the Metal Age Invaders.)

I think...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That is because the autosomal DNA comes in pairs of chromosomes. 22 pairs, and in each pair one is from father and the another from mother. Each numbered chromosome you see in Chromosome Browser represents actually a pair of homologous chromosomes. The way how DNA is "measured" and matched...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

52%/0.95 ~= 55%
    28%/0.95 ~= 29%
    14%/0.95 ~= 15%

That is how we should calculate it. (Or why should we think that non-European Asian would target only HG percentage of Balts to make Finns?)

The adjusted percentages are quite near to your mom. Where her roots...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by 192971; 9 December 2016, 04:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

Me, Finnish

myOrigins:
    Finnish & Northern Siberia, 95%
    Scandinavian, 5%

Ancient European Origins:
    Metal Age Invader, 14%
    Farmer, 28%
    Hunter-Gatherer, 52%
    non-European, 5%
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OpenSNP has somewhat similar idea....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Viewing mtDNA results as an admin

I am an admin for an mtGenome project.

Recently, me and a project member found out that mtDNA extra mutations were shown differently for me and the kit owner. For me, only the fylogenetically rejected (that is, too labile) mutations were shown as extra mutations, whereas for the kit owner...
    See more | Go to post

replied to Just Starting Out and Confused
    Jenn, I am Finnish and do not have any known ancestors outside Finland in my family tree containing about 1000 ancestors. I have almost "purely" Finnish admixture (myOrigins 95%, DNA-LAND 98%), and therefore practically all of my autosomal matches have at least some Finnish ancestor in 17th...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to IBD or IBS
    Actually my nearest Y67 match (GD 2) is Scottish, but the connection is still due to his Viking and my apparently (before AD 1500) Swedish paternal ancestry. In Y111 results he and me are at GD 18!

The following document tells about some more recent Scotland-Finland commections: http...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

replied to IBD or IBS
    I have all Finnish ancestry and match an Englishman, whose known roots are from Cheshire, Cornwall and Lancashire, like this:

1 101159485 103127016 2.2 500
    3 117233816 126003953 9.17 2300
    3 180789342 183894649 3.21 500
    7 86689033 87899607 1.33 500
    8 81501241...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X