20 results in 0.0184 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Darkwriter
    started a topic Batches

Batches

All of my tests had to go through "batches" years ago. I see folks here are still getting batch numbers,but I recently ordered more tests for family members but haven't been assigned any batch numbers yet. What gives?
    See more | Go to post

• Darkwriter
    replied to Gedcom upload
    Same response...

No one can upload their GEDCOM files to Mitosearch either: we're receiving the same generic response:

To Mitosearchusernet.com (contact us): "Here is the error message I get when I try to upload: aspSmartUpload.File error '80040460'Unable to save file...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Darkwriter; 30 April 2011, 10:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Need to do more

I ordered the FF and mT testing in Oct. hoping to beat the big chip-switch. Unfortunately, FTDNA sat on my request until Feb. to utilize the new chip, which I too have evidence of being less than accurate. Realizing most groups and individuals all used the same method...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Darkwriter; 28 April 2011, 09:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Darkwriter
    replied to Dr McDonald
    I have reviewed all of your maps and comments from Dr. McDonald and understand your concerns. I too was hoping he would give me a thinly-sliced percentage breakdown of my autosomal results that he gave others before this year.

Instead, I received the plotted map, graph and the generic...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Adding GEDCOM files to Mitosearch: it's not going to happen anytime soon.

To Mitosearchusernet.com (contact us): "Here is the error message I get when I try to upload:aspSmartUpload.File error '80040460'Unable to save file (Error 1120) /gedcom_upload_start.asp, line 41"
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• GEDCOMs for FTDNA, MITO by PAF software

I have downloaded PAF, but cannot export files to my FTDNA account or my Mitosearch account. There are many variables in PAF 5-5.2 that I have been unable to properly choose in order to save as GEDCOM and export to the sites. In addition to the different versions of PAF and saving/exporting techniques...
    See more | Go to post

• Entering and editing data @ Mitosearch

Since I finally have my HVR2 results and new info about my earliest known maternal ancestor, I went in to edit my page-three times now. I keep getting a fatal error-400, I believe. Has anyone had this problem with Mitosearch, and how did you resolve it, please?

Thank you. BTW, I once...
    See more | Go to post

• Darkwriter
    replied to Batch 397
    Still missing...

Before I call, did anyone receive all of their results from batch 397? Mine are more than 3 weeks overdue: the ETA hasn't changed since my order date. I've already contacted FTDNA once about this.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Darkwriter
    replied to Family Tree Software
    Thank you for the FTM lowdown and...

Connie: Thank you for sharing your experiences with FTM 2009 with us. What a huge waste of time if you can't manipulate the info easily between the FTM and Ancestry tree, especially all those sources you mentioned which are very important when it come...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Darkwriter; 30 March 2011, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Darkwriter
    replied to Family Tree Software
    Family Tree Maker, 2011 edition

Because I currently use Ancestry.com for research and fact checking, I considered buying the latest 2011 FTM software to be able to create, edit, import and export GEDCOM files in the future before my annual subscription runs out. The site implies that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you...

Thank you, Daniel72, for explaining why the PF results are so rough.

Thank you, bkilpatrick, for Dr. McDonald's contact info for requesting participation in the BGA Project:

I politely asked the same of Dr. McDonald and he has
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Same question and...

"Where do you find out about sending the raw files to Dr McDonald?

Yes, and what is the process of sending raw data to Dr. McDonald and are we talking about FF raw data, Mtdna or Ytdna results? If they are included, do they have to be tested at...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Darkwriter
    replied to Batch 397
    Don't hold your breath...

FTDNA finally responded to my email about the promised time: it will be another week or three because my test has to be re-processed. My pending results page does not indicate this information: it hasn't changed since February. I honestly think you will be overlooked...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Darkwriter; 24 March 2011, 07:44 PM. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• Where's our data?

"I didn't mean the conversions, I meant the folks that bought the sale or whatever from last year w their testing on hold. I assume they'd run all those before running existing customers who had some results even if they were Affy."- K

Exactly
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Darkwriter; 13 March 2011, 10:29 PM. Reason: Elaborate

Leave a comment:

• Darkwriter
    replied to Batch 388
    Missing Data-Population Finder Results 3/2/11

Has anyone received their Population Finder results that have been tested with the new chip and if so, are they seemingly accurate/plausible? Reading the other threads, I have noted that are recent, incorrect FF matches reported by clients...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Darkwriter; 2 March 2011, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X