Search Result

Collapse
13 results in 0.0096 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Hi Theo,
    I was talking about the chart that Family Tree DNA sent me with my results. Have you seen it? There is alot of haplogroup A in the Mexico region and alot of haplogroup B but haplogroup C is tiny in comparison. I was told that the chart will change when more people take the DNA te...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• happy
    replied to HVR2 Match
    Hi Angela,
    Thanks for the explanation. That makes alot of sense. I get it now. It's so exciting to finally have a DNA match with another person....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• happy
    replied to HVR2 Match
    Hi Angela,
    I share 4 of the HVR1 markers with him. But I have 5 extra markers that he doesn't have and he has 3 that I don't have. It would seem like that's proof that we're not closely related but then why would we have the same HVR2 markers? Why do people share the same HVR2 DNA? That's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• happy
    started a topic HVR2 Match

HVR2 Match

Hi,
    I found an exact match for my mtDNA HVR2 markers but our HVR1 markers are not an exact match. What does this mean? Why does our HVR2 match but not the HVR1? Are we related?
    Thanks!
    See more | Go to post

• happy
    replied to Bewildered about Mtdna
    Yemenberber,

I’m not an expert but I know that both HVR1 and HVR2 are from your mom’s DNA. mtDNA is strictly the DNA on your mom’s female line. This means that it is your mom’s mom’s mom’s mom’s mom’s, etc. DNA. This can go back thousands of years. So, if your mutations are...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• happy
    started a topic mtDNA Haplogroup C in Mexico

mtDNA Haplogroup C in Mexico

I received a chart from Family Tree DNA that focuses on the mtDNA haplogroups A, B, C, D, and X. These are the Native American haplogroups. The chart shows approximately how many of these haplogroups are found in the American continent. My question is, why is haplogroup C so small in the Mexico region?...
    See more | Go to post

• happy
    started a topic shared mtDNA mutations

shared mtDNA mutations

This is a question for anyone who would know the answer. I found an mtDNA report on the internet. Several Apache Indians have 6 of the same mtDNA mutations that I have. However, I have 2 extra mutations that they don’t have and they have one or two mutations that I don’t have. How closely related...
    See more | Go to post

• happy
    started a topic mtDNA Haplogroup B

mtDNA Haplogroup B

Can anyone please tell me what country is the place of origin for mtDNA Haplogroup B? I've looked at the DNA migrations map but I can't decide if it's China or Mongolia. I've also searched the Internet but haven't found the answer. I hope someone can help. Thanks!
    See more | Go to post

• happy
    replied to Native American Ancestry
    SpiritHawk,
    Unfortunately, yes, you’re right. It’s not possible for you to find your known Native American ancestry through your own mtDNA test and your brother’s Y-DNA test because of the reasons you explained. DNA is weird that way. Have you taken the DNAPrint test by Ancestry By DNA?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• happy
    replied to Ehumation?
    I saw this recently on a television show, where a body was exhumed and its DNA was tested. The coroner's office did this and it cost 10 thousand dollars. I think the coroner's office nearest to the gravesite might be able to give you the information you're looking for.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• happy
    replied to mtDNA Haplogroups?
    Angela,
    I just wanted to thank you for answering my questions. Wow! I finally understand the differences between the different DNA tests. Your explanation was so clear and simple. It’s all so fascinating. How amazing that a haplogroup comes from one ancestor. I never would have guessed...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• happy
    started a topic mtDNA Haplogroups?

mtDNA Haplogroups?

I have a few questions about haplogroups. First, does the DNAPrint reveal which haplogroup a person belongs to? I noticed on the message board that others who took the test say that they found out which haplogroup they belong to. How can I find that information about myself on my DNAPrint results?...
    See more | Go to post

• happy
    replied to Hereditary / Feet
    Re: Hereditary / Feet

Are you Celtic? I have read on genealogical websites that the ancient remains of Celts had toes that were unusually long. They were as long as the largest toe. People today who have this trait are most likely descendants of the Celts. I’m not sure if this is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X