No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
44 results in 0.0251 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I had a similar experience. I tested two of my uncles, one at each company. After a deep clade test, the one I tested here came back R1b1a2a1a1b3 (U152) and the other, that I tested at 23andMe, came back R1b1b2a1a2d*

I wish that 23andMe would update their data. I think that they want...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vrc84
    replied to Batch 461
    I have my half-brother's Family Finder in this batch, due 6/11
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vrc84
    started a topic Deep Clade Testing

Deep Clade Testing

I ordered a Deep Clade test for a cousin, and the deadline keeps getting pushed back. It was due in at the end of March, then April and now May 15th. I don't really mind it but I am curious about the process of Deep Clade testing. A previous Deep Clade test I ordered that was also repeatedly pushed...
    See more | Go to post

• vrc84
    replied to DNA Day Sale???
    Just got an email that the sale starts at 6pm today... but I don't see the sale prices yet and it's 6:53 eastern. Is the sale on mountain time? It looks like the same sale prices as always.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vrc84
    replied to Batch 449
    I got my brother's first 12 markers in tonight/this morning
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vrc84
    replied to Batch 449
    So far it looks like FF results are the ones coming back early. I'm still waiting on my brother's Y-DNA
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vrc84
    replied to Batch 2
    This message should appear on all 23andMe transfer account pages:

"We apologize for the delay in posting your results. These last two weeks have produced some of our biggest batches of Family Finder orders ever. After the second of those batches is uploaded, we will be processing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vrc84
    replied to Suggestion
    I've tested some uncles and cousins and they came back R1b1. This is the largest haplogroup in Europe and hardly tells me anything. For more information I've payed $89 each for deep clade testing. Even with this I'm spending more money for even more specific tests. I still don't have a country....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vrc84
    replied to Suggestion
    I think that what darroll was getting at is that you want Family Tree DNA to provide the same results that 23andMe does and at a lower price, but that darroll would not recommend 23andMe. These two companies use different methods to provide results and make their money differently. 23andMe makes additional...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vrc84
    started a topic 12 Marker Matches - Any Value?

12 Marker Matches - Any Value?

I've recently tested an Uncle and a Cousin to try and trace their surnames, Albea and Waters respectively. For my Uncle I was able to recruit a random person online with a variant of the surname, Albey (ours used to by Alby). For my cousin, there are a number of other Waters/Watters kits in the system....
    See more | Go to post

• vrc84
    replied to Batch 450
    They show the batches for transfers differently - not on the main page. You have to click on "View Complete Order History" to see it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vrc84
    replied to Batch 2
    I have three transfers from 23andMe in this batch: My mom, her brother and her aunt. I uploaded them on the 1st and the 2nd. I'm also considering moving over one more test.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Actually they don't, but it think that's because the names are from an older gedcom upload and I can't see a way to re-populate them....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I wasn't aware of any generational limit to gedcom uploads. The one I uploaded has 12 generations and it displays accurately.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vrc84
    replied to Batch 443
    My cousin's y-DNA results are starting to come in. I have the marks, but no predicted haplogroup yet.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X