Collapse
90 results in 0.0079 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Carolyn1955
    replied to Batch 393
    Yes, it's very exciting! My sisters FGS on kit 393 matches me on HVR1/2 and CR. Now I know we do have the same mother, Next step is to get a brother tested. Since my father passed away in 1973, I may never know why he said what he did. My brother will not discuss the whole thing accept to say he was...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn1955
    replied to Batch 393
    My sisters results came back today!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn1955
    replied to Batch 393
    I think the upgrade was on sale at the time which was about 6 weeks ago but I don't remember exactly how much. Maybe $170 or so. It's still worth the extra info that can be derived from it. Maybe someone else can remember the exact sale price or if it's still available....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn1955
    replied to Batch 393
    393 due 2/14 for a relative no word yet

Well I had an upgrade from HVR1/HVR2 to FGS for my sister and have heard nothing as of yet. No email and nothing has changed on her page, just says due 2/14. Is there anyway to find out if there is a delay? Thanks
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn1955
    started a topic Testing my sister and I

Testing my sister and I

I am curious... Testing myself was easy. U8a1 from a mtDNAPlus test. My sister in a lessor test was U. What could I hope to gain from another test? I understand that there is the possibility that I may not be her natural sister only because I was told by my father that I was switched at birth. I know...
    See more | Go to post

• Carolyn1955
    replied to FTDNA Going Autosomal!
    I've already had a FGS done, so not sure what else this test would tell me. Even after reading the FAQ's on Autosomal and Family Finder, I'm still not sure what else I could learn from it. I would love to know what ethnic background other family members had that are not my direct maternal/paternal grandparents,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn1955
    replied to King Tut's DNA
    Not sure, but thats a good question. It just seems to me that given 13 different samples from different area's of the bone should have shown a contamination in comparison to the others. I'm recording the show on Discovery and am excited to watch it!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn1955
    replied to King Tut's DNA
    The video's at discovery.com show them taking samples of bone from different areas. They appeared to be lab tech's taking the samples so I can't imagine contamination as a factor with 13 or 14 samples. Just a thought...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn1955
    replied to 348 - Family Finder
    If yours is due 03/31/2010, does that mean it only takes a month to get those results back? If so, I'd be interested since thats a quick turnaround....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I can't imagine anyone would hold a kit at FTDNA. I have shipped quite a few packages oversea's and it takes a good month to get to most countries I've shipped too and just about as long to get packages back. Once FTDNA gets your kit, it is shipped to the lab by the next following Wednesday, someone...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Our problems were in Charlotte and it was only with getting the kits to her home and then back to the lab. First one simply never made it from FTDNA to her home as far as we know. The second one was sent to me in Florida, I sent it to Charlotte, NC overnight and provided an overnight box and postal...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My sisters kit was finally received last week after over two months of effort. Her results are scheduled to be returned first week of April.

I was finally able to send it overnight to my sister, I sent her the money and box for overnight to the lab. There was 3 attempts, same name, same...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn1955
    replied to Software
    I purchased Family Tree Maker 2009 and chose not to upgrade to 2010. What I have works just fine. I don't believe it is really all that important to upgrade the software. Whatever version you end up with does not need upgrades unless you choose it because they only add maps, etc. Hope this helps!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn1955
    replied to Software
    I have Family Tree Maker 2009 and it works with my account at Ancestry.com so I can work on my family tree and have the files saved in my pc instead of their website. The software also allows you to put your tree in .pdf format and you can add pages, etc. You can actually write a book in that software...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It would be nice if all mtDNAPlus tests included a deeper clad because some do not necessarily want the FGS in order to find the subclads especially if the FGS's biggest benefit would be more on the medical side. I had to upgrade from mtDNAPlus to FGS in order to find that information even if I had...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X