Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• KAM
    started a topic Error loading matches

Error loading matches

Hi,
    Group administrator for three projects. I log in as administrator and get an error message saying cannot load resulting matches.. if it continues .. contact customer support.

I try from my own personal webpage and the same thing.

Anyone else having this issue?...
    See more | Go to post

• KAM
    replied to Tip Calculator
    Tip calculator -wording

I have several known related persons who have tested at Y37/Y67 and Y-111

In the TIP calculator I am confused by the wording "that XXX and XXX do not share a common ancestor in the last generation.

What number do I insert when...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KAM
    started a topic Trouble Seeing Trees in new format

Trouble Seeing Trees in new format

Hi,
    Anyone else having problems seeing the trees in the new FF format? It is hidden at the top of the page with no apparent way to scroll. Help/Advice welcomed.
    KAM
    See more | Go to post

• KAM
    started a topic Activity Feed

Activity Feed

Hi,
    I currently have our activity feed off on our geographic DNA projects. I would like to start posting photos and history of the migration patterns for the villages from the region. Is this possible without keeping the activity feed on?

I'm not ready to go 100 % live...
    See more | Go to post

• I am a volunteer in a geographic DNA project. The project focuses on a rather small area colonized over time by several waves and is appearing like small population colonization. We also have a degree of pedigree collapse among our members.

I have people saying if you have a block of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Common Surname - Downstream Haplogroup designation

Hi,
    I am following one surname in a geographic region. Having tested several branches, I find EM-35, NM-178, RM458, R-Z283, R-YP380(color indicating predicted vs. further testing).
    EM-35 was a non-paternal using the surname.R-Z283 was tested among siblings and 1st Cousins. R-YP380...
    See more | Go to post

• Regarding Project Transition to myGROUPS

Hi,
    I have now transitioned two of three geographic projects to myGROUPS. This was an opportunity to update or clarify project goals,membership requirements, and to consider other administrative details/concerns regarding the myGroups transition....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KAM
    replied to Chromosome Pairs?
    Regarding showing pairs of chromosomes

Hi,
    Showing pairs of chromosomes on the browser in FT-DNA would be just like at 23nME. It is a good reminder that when you are seeing matches that you have TWO sources for the segment (maternal / paternal) and you can't just assume it is one...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KAM
    replied to MyGroups conversion queries
    Removing photos

Hi,I tried to upload a map and it looked fine on the post but as a photo it cut off most of the map. I had no way to delete as project administrator. I wasn't sure if this was due to the map being cut off and the delete/down arrow not visible. I contacted...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Making Results viewable only to Project Members

Hi,
    As we are moving to the new myGroups format, I am looking at the projects I am volunteer GA. I want to make the results viewable (at least at first) only to my project members. Currently, the Y and mt-DNA results are public. FF of course is not.

I see where to toggle this...
    See more | Go to post

• Code of Conduct Page / GA's need a Webinar on MyGroups

Hi,
    I am not one to "play" in the social media and fear some of the issues as we are forced to move into this new version. I don't fear change per se. I just wish the GA's had been given the courtesy of having some notice. I am receiving emails from project members and have simply...
    See more | Go to post

• KAM
    replied to myGroups is Live!
    Some Advanced notice would help GA's HELP FT-DNA

Hi,
    I have three GEOGRAPHIC DNA projects with FT-DNA. I am pretty hands-on and do check my project members matches every two or so days.

I wish FT-DNA would at least put out an email to the GA's to explain changes...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KAM
    started a topic BLACKLISTED

BLACKLISTED

Hi,
    Every year I send out an email wishing all project members a Happy New Year and gentle reminder to make sure their contact info is up to date AND that they at least add their earliest known ancestors, stats, and most importantly, their ancestral villages. We are a geographic project and...
    See more | Go to post

• KAM
    replied to Results not visible on GAP pages
    Same thing in my case for two projects. This is hurting my preparation for a class next week. Hope this is resolved soon. Thank you for reporting it to the help desk. KAM...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KAM
    replied to Chromosome Browser question
    Triangulation/ Phasing - A visual learner

Hi,
    Thanks for the lengthy explanation. Yes, I am crawling first to make sure I am understanding!

I had already uploaded my kit, my brothers, my mother's and two of my mother's brothers. I also had uploaded...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X