33 results in 0.0276 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Asturianu
    replied to Batch 326
    Hi GST,

Don't despair, for I too was sent the same exact message on 11/02 (the date the results were scheduled to be in by). I'm of the opinion that they are likely just running a little behind, as they were processing the sample through various clade tests prior to -and after- the message...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Asturianu
    replied to Batch 325
    I have a deep clade test on order, as well as a basic MtDNA test. Both are expected by Nov. 2. I wonder if this puts things off quite a bit on those. Thus far, I have received the results on my (12-25) DYS upgrade and earwax factoid well ahead of schedule.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Asturianu
    replied to Batch 326
    Hi Bob,

That's really interesting. I would imagine that your lack of matches is predicated on the relatively small portion of J2 bearing individuals in the database, as opposed to the considerably larger R1b demographic? How many J2 individuals are in the overall database here? What's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Asturianu
    replied to FTDNA Projects
    Hi Elizabeth,

To answer your first question, no, my wife has not yet had any genetic testing done. I am trying to convince her to have some work done. I'm personally unsure how I feel about autosomal tests. I understand that the margin of error can be as high as 15% in some cases and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Asturianu
    replied to Rare DYS Values?
    I think I should have been a bit more clear on my point. I meant that I match no one at a genetic distance of 0-1 at the 25 marker level. Your information leads me to an interesting question though.

What is the relevance of matching people with distances of 3-6 at the 25 marker level?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Asturianu
    started a topic Rare DYS Values?

Rare DYS Values?

I just got the results back from my 12-25 DYS upgrade. Pretty fast! Compliments to the FtDNA team.

Interestingly, my values appear rather untypical. Whilst I match 7 individuals at a 12/12 level, according to FtDNA, I match absolutely no one at the 25 marker level. I am wondering if anyone...
    See more | Go to post

• Asturianu
    replied to Batch 326
    I just got the results back from my 12-25 DYS upgrade. Pretty fast! Compliments to the FtDNA team.

Interestingly, my values appear rather untypical. Whilst I match 7 individuals at a 12/12 level, according to FtDNA, I match absolutely no one at the 25 marker level. I am wondering if...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Asturianu
    replied to FTDNA Projects
    Are you referring to Hunterdon County, New Jersey? If so, my wife is from there. In what line is your Native American admixture found in?

Edit: Disregard the first question. I see from your signature that you're from Jersey. Flemington as well (wife is from there). That's very interest...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Asturianu; 12 October 2009, 11:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Asturianu
    replied to Batch 325
    Interesting. What batch are you in? My sample has also, apparently, undergone 2 deep clade tests in which both L2 (R1b1b2a1b4c) and L20 (R1b1b2a1b4c1) have been ruled out....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Asturianu
    replied to Batch 325
    What do your results indicate?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Asturianu
    replied to Batch 326
    I meant 11/04/2009 as the subsequent date. I have several orders on the way: Deep Clade-R, MtDNA (HVR1), Y-Refine 12-to-25 (I decided to go with a limited upgrade, due to the limited matches I have in the database) and an Earwax factoid.

Pretty excited....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Asturianu
    started a topic Batch 326

Batch 326

Batch 326 on order. Expected date: 11/02/2009 and 11/02/2009.
    See more | Go to post

• Can anyone verify whether or not dry/flaky earwax definitively implies Asiatic admixture?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I recently discovered that Family Tree DNA offers a test on this very issue. I was wondering if anyone could inform me as to what this test will reveal. I know that my cerumen (earwax) definitely falls within the scope of the dry/flaky variety. (My ancestry is entirely Western European.) Both of parents...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Good suggestion.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X