Collapse
161 results in 0.0804 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• B52
    replied to Native DNA
    You're being ridiculous - of course I provided evidence that is exacting in it's proof - my own test results. My kit number on GEDMatch is F10668 and even an amateur's investigation into that kit supports many proven autosomal DNA segments of less that 5cm that are associated with known cousins because...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by B52; 4 November 2015, 04:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OK, I have to admit this threat started out as potentially a learning tool for me but I now see that any mutated DNA that would be unique to the man named Thomas Edward Green and the other man named Wilson has not been disclosed and also inheritors of this unique DNA have not been disclosed.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by B52; 4 November 2015, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• B52
    replied to Native DNA
    I'm a not even an amateur either but I would think he's relying on identifying a pattern of unique DNA substring matches of people with similar historical backgrounds and of course those can be less then 5cm.

Of course that won't be easy as he's a novice too and there is little interest...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by B52; 4 November 2015, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• B52
    replied to MyOrigins/Admixture of English
    I come and many in Appalachia come pretty close to all British ancestry and I get

62% British Isles
    29% Scandinavia
    4% Finland & Northern Siberia

I'd guess given British history though if you are from northern Scotland, the Hebrides, the Isle of Man,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• B52
    replied to Native DNA
    You ignore that this entire thread was started over proving ethnicity which by definition is a extended tribal, i.e. extended familial relationship.

I match the Clovis, Montana of 12,500 years ago closer than a more recent African-American man because I have higher percentage of common...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• B52
    replied to Native DNA
    I have to say something as this thread goes on and on and on and is wrong in stating less than 2% is noise. What those 2% noise naysayers are really saying if they are going to be truthful is less than 2% results offer next to no hope for establishing known familial relationships but does establish...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• B52
    replied to Sephardic ancestry?
    A researcher, via a link I followed from the GEDMatch Eurogenes 13 page, said for these closed populations often Ashkenazi ancestry is a false positive and that despite being told this by him, 23andMe is adding Ashkenazi as one of the reference populations. I might be facing a similar situation eventually...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• B52
    replied to Sephardic ancestry?
    Hey,

If you read this link below you'll find it was a very small community and was expelled when the Moors were defeated in Spain in 1492.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sephardi_Jews

They weren't numerous to begin with and they seem to be a mostly a community...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• To follow up, I also saw a strong Mediterranean influence on your DNA map, so I think a lot of the crew for these ships were often North African, Portuguese, or Italian as Muslim lands had a big demand for slaves so economically speaking slavery would have spread from Muslim lands to the southern European...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• How well have you done your written family history? Most African-Americans should be able to trace back almost as well as most European-Americans and better than most members of Amerindian tribes. So any European and Amerindian ancestry from those times is usually easy to identify.

You...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by B52; 4 November 2015, 03:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• B52
    replied to DNA and Physical Appearance
    On GEDMatch they used my DNA to almost tell me my eye color, including all the secondary characteristics except for the yellow ring around the pupil - so I'm sure they can tell a lot more than that and don't know how to yet or don't for privacy reasons - after all DNA is like the keyed lock that allows...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Southern Sweden

I've learned similar things as you and it was very interesting using partial census records, the history books, and DNA genealogy to make educated guesses as to the origins of my mtDNA line.

Autosomally I have yet to match DNA segments with specific surnames...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• B52
    replied to Confusion about mtDNA matches
    It's your match at the HV1+HV2 level that's most interesting. You might, as I did, consider allowing a difference of 1 for your matches at the HV1+HV2 level as that can lead to greater recorded historical insights in cases of recent mutations.

...but usually it's not. You can study the...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by B52; 3 November 2015, 02:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• B52
    replied to H1f Finland ?
    Finns / Amish / New Sweden / Lenape / Switzerland

The situation that lady found herself in is similar to mine:

I am H but when I get around to doing the FMS mtDNA I expect to match a small handfull of people that have an historically insertion, maybe from a Swiss Amish women,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• old families?

I'm not being mean but uh, old families? As compared to some family just beamed down from the Enterprise?

I've heard the stories of being descended from William the Conqueror and while I never suspected that I was descended from him I did find out that I did...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by B52; 9 August 2015, 12:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X