Collapse
15 results in 0.0065 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Ladybug
    replied to Y Dna
    My apology to the forum and Max, Max did send me a message saying my husband's match was in DR. Hammer's study, so therefor no name of who it is. I still wish that, that info was listed as such on the person's personal DNA page. Then those senior moments would not be so embarassing. Ladyb...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ladybug
    replied to Wales DNA Project
    What I read about was in the book "Seven Daugters of Eve". And from what I can tell it was a mitachodrial DNA test, but maybe they also took Y-DNA it doesn't say. Any way my husbands match was probably not in that project.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ladybug
    replied to Y Dna
    My husband has an exact match in REO database. (1) Exact match out of (80) testee's in the 25/25 High Resolution Test. We have never recived the name of this match. So at present we assume the match(testee) decided not to give out their name. We wish that if that is so, that FTMDNA would acknowledge...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ladybug
    replied to LDS DNA projects
    Thanks, JohnnyB, Have tried both the LDS sites and can't find anything, the email won't go thru. Even called local LDS library and they say they don't know. Best I can do for now. Ladybug
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ladybug
    replied to Wales DNA Project
    Thanks, I do know about that project. This was in the book "Seven daughters of Eve" I know believe, so I am going to go to the Library and pick that up, and read again. I've read several books on DNA, eventually i'll find it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ladybug
    started a topic Wales DNA Project

Wales DNA Project

Would anyone on this forum recall reading about a DNA Project in Wales? I know I read about it in one of the many DNA Books or web site out there, but at the time didn't think much about it. Now that I have seen that my husband has a 25 marker match with 1 of the 74 in that project, I would like to...
    See more | Go to post

• Ladybug
    started a topic LDS DNA projects

LDS DNA projects

I noticed reading the forum that someone mentioned that LDS has done DNA testing. Does LDS have a web site about what surnames they have in their DNA projects or is it private ?
    See more | Go to post

• Ladybug
    started a topic HVR2 Mutations

HVR2 Mutations

My husbands mtDNA was finally put in Haplogroup H. I can not find the mutations groups in the mtDNA Concordance, for his HVR 1 mutations.. Does this mean it is just a new line found in the H group ?

Also I find his HVR 2 mutations (High Resolution) under a large listing of known...
    See more | Go to post

• Ladybug
    replied to Surname search #'s
    Maybe my question wasn't very clear. Searched the Evans surname and found 5 listed. But only 1 listed in the Welsh Patronymics Project.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ladybug
    started a topic Surname search #'s

Surname search #'s

There are 5 people listed when I do a surname search, but only 1 is listed in the Welsh Patronymics group. Could it be some of these are surnames given be females who sign up to be tested? Or did the other 4 just not join the group testing? Or is it to early to know ?(not finished testing)
    See more | Go to post

• Thanks Max, must have missed this.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• How to develop dna surname interest.

What is the best way to go about developing interest in people with your surname to do DNA testing for genealogy? I can find names and addresses in the white pages and then send out a letter to see if they are into genealogy and have an interest. But it seems too forward and I'm a bit afraid of possibly...
    See more | Go to post

• Ladybug
    replied to Haplogroup Testee's
    Thanks for the explanation, Max. Your reply to Whitkeen was very helpful. It appears we need lots more testing by the average person interested in "genealogy" who wish to locate more recent ancestors, and who will sign releases. I know in my father's surname we have a one generation brick...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ladybug
    replied to Haplogroup Testee's
    Your answer is probably true, but brings up another question. If my husband signed his release, which we think he did, would this exact match receive info on my husband? And is Dr. Hammers haplogroup info also in the REO info, as there is one exact match of 29 entries for Portugal, (besides 27 others...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ladybug
    started a topic Haplogroup Testee's

Haplogroup Testee's

My husband's DNA shows (1) exact match in Haplogroup R1b, Portugal, and several in the exact match REO group, but he shows no matches in his Y-DNA matches. If the Haplogroup and REO are recent DNA samples?, would it not mean there is some family connection, even though it may be because they all migrated...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X