Collapse
29 results in 0.0139 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Cindy
    replied to Wondering...
    Maybe it's because you share two markers with haplogroup H but you have one extra marker that they don't have and that's what places you in L3.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cindy
    replied to Indian Teeth
    The articles I read were from a couple of years ago. They listed the mtDNA test results of Native Americans. One article listed actual markers of about 50 Native Americans. But none of them were from Virginia. Trace Genetics has a list of publications. One of them is titled "Distribution of mitochondrial...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cindy
    replied to Indian Teeth
    GregKiroKH,

Have you compared your markers with all other Native American haplogroups? If you do, you’ll probably find that you share some markers with all of them. All Native Americans have markers in common no matter what part of the continent they live in because we have the same...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cindy
    replied to Indian Teeth
    I'm trying to figure out my Native American ancestry from Chihuahua, too. So far my dad has had mtDNA matches with several Apache Indians, Navajo Indians and near matches with Chickasaw Indians. The paternal side was originally from Sicily. But my dad lived in the mountains near the Tarahumara and he...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cindy
    replied to Indian Teeth
    The Apache, Comanche and Pima Indians were also in Chihuahua. Their descendants are still there. Just type in "Apache Indians Chihuahua" in any search engine and you'll see what I mean....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cindy
    replied to Indian Teeth
    Yeah, the Apache Indians lived in Chihuahua. Many fled back there after they were placed on a reservation. But do Apache Indians have extra teeth or is that a trait found in the Uto-Aztecan tribes? That's what I wonder.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cindy
    replied to Indian Teeth
    Would you believe my father is from Chihuahua, Mexico? I am so happy to hear this information. Thank you so much for sharing it. Did you find this out recently? Is this dentist still in practice? I'm curious to know which tribe he saw this in since there are several different tribes in that area. My...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mananea1,

Yes, your brother's Y-DNA test will only show your father's male line. In order to reveal your father's mother’s female line, your father could take the mtDNA test. If he’s not available, then any of his siblings could take the mtDNA test as long as they share the same mother....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Eternitat,

There's a Euro-DNA Test that can give you at least some of the information you're looking for on your European ancestry. (www.ancestrybydna.com).
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Eternitat,

Have you seen the Family Search website? (www.familysearch.org). That's where I found my ancestors. Alot of people from Latin American countries are listed under the names Jose and Maria or other common names like Juan. For example, if you have an ancestor named Mercedes Lopez,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi Eternitat,

It sounds like all of your ancestors were from Europe, or away from the America's, so the Native American percentage test would probably not help you at all in your search for Native American ancestry. You would need to have a full blooded Native American great-grandparent...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bludhoun,

I forgot to mention that if your great grandfather got his Native DNA from his father, he would have passed it down through Y-DNA to his own son. The son would have passed it down to his own son and so on. That would be another way to find it....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bludhoun,

Unfortunately, men cannot pass down mtDNA to their children. So your great grandfather would not have passed down his Native American haplogroup to your grandmother. Did your great grandfather have a sister? She would have passed down the Native mtDNA to her own daughters and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Eternitat,

I’m guessing that haplogroup A migrated to Puerto Rico after the Taino and other Indians who were originally there. Maybe you had a great great grandparent who moved there from another Latin American country. I’m sure you know that your haplogroup A comes directly from your...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cindy
    replied to A Question
    Here's a simple answer to your question. Yes, your sister's haplogroup would be different from the R1b. The R1b is a male only haplogroup. She would have to take the mtDNA test because she is a woman. But you could also take the mtDNA test. In that case your haplogroups would be the same if you have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X