Collapse
500 results in 0.3804 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• PDHOTLEN
    replied to West and Central Europe ancestry
    Without looking up percentages, three different companies gave me three different results. As for FTDNA, which may be the most accurate, they give me a chunk of Iberian and a chunk of S.E. Europe. Ancestry does not give me either. And My Heritage threw in North African, but not Iberian or S.E. Europe....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied to New FMS match (U5b2b2)
    Yeah, well, now that I have a few slugs of Irish Whiskey under my belt, I'm thinking of Danish King Blue Tooth sending his daughters to Normandy for safe keeping (palace Intrigues, etc). If I'm coonnected that way, then my U5b2b2 would go back to Uppsala, Sweden (his wife).
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied to New FMS match (U5b2b2)
    It looks to me like maybe my U5b2b2 may go back to Normandy/France. Although my for sure earliest direct line female ancestor was born about 1816 in Indiana, my speculative line is extended to a birth date about 1617 in the Norwich, Norfolk, England area. She was the first wife of a Mr. Pendleton, but...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 26 March 2020, 06:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied to Old English Proverb
    Well, I'm the fool and knave in my tree. So everyone else in it looks good by comparison, ha ha.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied to Maternal ancestral origins
    My stone age U5 at Ancestral Origins is mostly western and central Europe. But one is from Bahrain, who might be a descendant of a white female slave back in the day. But who knows? Then there are diaspora in Australia, Canada, the USA and elsewhere. Then there a couple (or same one twice?) that claim...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 30 December 2019, 02:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied to Recent match from Germany
    After thinking about it a bit more, my analysis must be wrong! How could my X come from my father's side? So now it is not easy to draw a specific conclusion. As my X came from my mother, then it would be a blend of her parents. On her mother's side that most likely looks to be Pennsylvania German or...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 26 November 2019, 03:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    started a topic Recent match from Germany

Recent match from Germany

I have a new distant cousin match (23/9) from Hanover, Germany. She wrote a little message in German, and surprise, I could actually understand it with my rusty G.I. German, ha ha! It would just about have to be connected to my paternal grandmother's maternal line, according to my tree. She is also...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 26 November 2019, 12:29 AM.

• It's my maternal grandfather that is complicating the results. Assuming he is not an NPE, he was born in Austria. In that polyglott Hapsburg empire, who knows what his ancestry was?

mine:

British Isles = 40%
    Scandinavia = 29%
    West-Central Europe = 16%
    Iberia...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 27 August 2019, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• For a little while I thought I had a direct line or branch going back to the Auvergne area. This was from a Huguenot connection. Well, that connection is now at a cousin level. Anyway, without actually calling up my big tree at Ancestry, I recall it going back to before the French Revolution. And boundaries...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 26 July 2019, 12:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    started a topic Strange Match from Russia

Strange Match from Russia

I got a new match from Russia; Russian email address; short tree in Russian alphabet. Her last name in latin alphabet starts with a German-looking half. Maybe related through Volga Germans or etc. 38/9 cm. According to FTDNA My Origins, I din't have any eastern Europe in my results.
    See more | Go to post

• PDHOTLEN
    replied to Chuvashia = Finland?
    I had a couple of results from EuroGenes a few years ago that gave me: 8.18% Volga-Ural (K12), and 1.13% Volga-Ural (K36). But my tests at FTDNA and Ancestry DNA gave no hint of Russian and that far east, with the exception of 2% Baltic at Ancestry's latest version.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied to Curious Matches
    I just got another Slavic match today. This one lives in the Ukraine, 20/8 cm.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    I don't know much about the technical stuff. On the diagram or picture showing chromosome #12, the double match is shown on the far right hand side.

The two names, both females, look rather not mainstream Russian. One name starts with "Shev...", which might be Georgian/Caucasus,...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 2 January 2019, 02:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    I found another woman with a Slavic-type name who also has 8cm, both are on chromosome #12. And they both are pictured at the same location on that chromosome. So it looks like they are related to each other, and somehow to me. The second person has a Yahoo email address, which may indicate a U.S A....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    I have a new match from Russia. I mean, I'm not supposed to have matches there, according to FTDNA and Ancestry mapping of ancestry. This person has a Russian email address. She is 35/8 cm. Maybe it is ancient DNA from when my R1a-L664 ancestors moved west out of what is now Russia/Ukraine. Anyway,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X