Collapse
26 results in 0.0102 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• anka
    replied to I1a Not From Scandinavia?
    By citing the Rootsi et al. article I have by no means intended to suggest that the entry of Hg I into Scandinavia is of a recent age, far from it. Rootsi et al speak explicitly about PREHISTORIC migrations, i. e. the repopulation of Europe after the LGM.

To my understanding, R1b and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• anka
    replied to I1a Not From Scandinavia?
    Regardless of the speculations advanced in the Wikipedia article, there is enough scientific evidence to cast doubt on the idea that I1a might have originated in Scandinavia, which - after all - was buried under an ice shelf long after the supposed coalescence time for I1a.

Check Rootsi...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• anka
    replied to DeepSNP-I
    It seems that this is an automatically generated message sent out by FTDNA. I got it too, as others have. I bet they didn't show ANY SNPs tested negative either, although they were supposed to provide this information as soon as it is available. Thus we know absolutely nothing about how (and if at all)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I don't think it has anything to do with the particular haplogroup. I'm still waiting for the results from my father's J2 deep-clade test, batch 140. It's a whole month overdue now, and I found the exact same message on his personal page. The only SNP listed there, M172+, has been tested earlier in...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• You're right. FTDNA has no link to the E3b project, neither on the project page nor in the personal pages section. I don't think the project's administrator knows about this problem. You find the project website at:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/freemanDNAProject/

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I should think that your E3b project counts as a lineage project, which allows you to join the geographical Iberian project too.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Take the SNP test offered by DNA Heritage. It costs only 99$ and it will tell you your haplogroup and possibly even your subclade. That's what you wanted to find out, right? The SNP test will NOT determine your haplotype (that's your genetic fingerprint), so it cannot tie you to any criminal actions....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Relative Genetics has a database which you can access even if you have tested elsewhere. You just have to create an account and enter your values manually. I did that for my father. This will allow you to compare your DNA values with those of project members. Maybe its even possible to join a project...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The deep-clade test is an SNP test, while the 59-marker is an STR test.

From what I've read, the bulk of R1b1s cannot be assigned to any of FTDNA's deep clades. There is an 80% chance that you are classified as R1b1c*. You might want to wait until R1b1 is better resolved before you take...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I guess that quality varies greatly. Just look at different project websites, that usually gives you a good indication of the project's quality.

The best project I have seen to date is the J2 project which I participate in. Its members benefit from regular network analyses based on the...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by anka; 1 April 2006, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sorry, I forgot to mention E3b which might have been present in Europe before the Neolithic as well.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• There is growing evidence that the hunter-gatherers of the Franco-Calabrian refuge were an already heterogenous group of haplogroups R and I, both present in Europe before the LGM. In the Western refuge, mutations occurred in either haplogroup which defined the subclades R1b and I1a respectively. The...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• anka
    replied to L2 Haplogroup
    Unfortunately, your Y-DNA and your mtDNA aren't reproduced in your body with some sort of label "Made in ... ". So exact locations cannot be inferred from one sample alone. The whole idea of DNA tests, especially the Genographic Project, is to test as many people as possible so that the exact...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• anka
    replied to Surnames Help
    Yes, FTDNA does list surname matches on your personal page, provided that the testee has filled out the release form. Then you get names and contact email addresses. Also matches in Ysearch usually provide a contact address with a proper name (usually the testee) even where the most distant ancestor...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• anka
    replied to HVR-1 Mystery
    From what I found on wrong mtDNA haplogroup assignments via Google, I suppose you cannot be entirely sure about your haplogroup assignment unless your mtDNA control region has been analyzed. HVR1-2 alone are not enough. Sometimes FTDNA performs such a check without mentioning it to the customer - in...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X