HTML Code:
    only her "direct" female descendants will have her mtDNA
    which female the paternal grand mom?
    somehow a mtdna with lucys...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied to Native American Ancestry
    The easiest, most visual way I have come up with to show what the y-dna and the mtDNA will test is the following:

Create a "Pedigree" chart with any genealogy software in which you have entered in all of your genealogical records. (I believe they all format this in the same...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Lucy; 5 September 2004, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    Lucy,
    These DNA tests only can track DNA passed through a "direct" male or "direct" female line. If you cross genders with your NA heritage these test will not show that. So if your NA ancestor was female, only her "direct" female descendants will have her mtDNA...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    Jim,
    I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say.

A man can only have two direct lines tested-his father's direct male line and his mother's direct female line. A woman can have only her mother's direct female line tested (because she doesn't have a y chromosome).
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    It can't. If it was introduced in your direct female line you need to have the mitochondrial (mtdna) test done.

If the Native American ancestry crossed gender lines at any point before it came to you, it will not show up on either test. If this is your situation, and it happened in...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied to Ysearch Public Database
    I just checked the Y-search website and they now carry the "old" names. You might have to look around a bit for your choice, though, as they grouped them together under various existing country names, but not necessarily the country which currently occupies the same land mass. They appear...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied to Ysearch Public Database
    Re: Ysearch Public Database

Max,
    In the country of origin on the y-search, I did not find countries of origin such as Silesia or Bohemia, places which no longer exist as "countries", but did when our ancestors left them. It seems somewhat inaccurate to be forced to put...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied to MtDNA Haplogroup X
    Well, Juan. You are correct. When populations are mixed and have been mixed for some time, using DNAPrint to determine ethnicity of a particular ancestor would be some what useless.

For example, I fortunately tested an uncle from each side of my family (both my parents are deceased)....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    Well, rather than say that no Native American DNA would show up after a hundred years, I would rather say after about 5-6 generations. My family tends to have children quite late in life so it has been hanging around closer to 150 years

With regards to a subgroup of Haplogroup X,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Native American Test Results

When you state you feel there is a 15% error rate, just out of curiosity, do you feel it is false positives, false negatives, or both?

I suspect part of it may be due to the random nature of the inheritance. To test this "theory"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    The reason you are probably showing up as 100% Indo European is because all succeeding generations after your great-grandmother have been Indo-Eurpean.

Lets do a little math here...
    3x Great Grandmother-- 100% Native American
    2x Great Grandmother -- 50% Native American...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: HELP. I need answers to how to "prove" my Native American heritage

Sounds to me like you have to questions:
    1.) Who is my father?
    2.) Do I have Native American ancestry?

If you could verify the answer to the first question, it appears...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    started a topic 28 Markers Instead of 25?

28 Markers Instead of 25?

I submitted my uncle's DNA for testing and when his results were returned, 28 Y-DNA markers instead of 25 appeared. I submitted a question a couple of weeks ago to one of the individuals listed in the contact list for interpretation of results, but received no response. I read all the supporting documentation,...
    See more | Go to post

• Lucy
    replied to Help, please!
    Re: Help, please!

Chole,
    If you are interested in your mother's maternal line as well, then yes, you need to have the 12 or 25 mtDNA test done as your mother's brother's son (your cousin) will not have YOUR mother's line mtDNA, but will have his mother's.

I would...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X