23 results in 0.0057 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• jezgirl
    replied to Batch 140 created
    140 back early

My mtDNA refine test in batch cameback early on Monday 3/20. Projected date was 4/03.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jezgirl
    replied to Family Tree Software
    Ftm

I've used Family TreeMaker for the past couple of years, until just recently, I purchase their 2006 update which totally corrupted all the previous files. Their customer service is a mess, not helpful, and so now I guess I've got to start from scratch. I have some printouts to start...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jezgirl
    replied to Batch 140 created
    Batches and refine

Jim, I was originally batch 138 and about 10 in, I decided to add refine to that. I've already gotten back the first batch of results, 10 days early in fact. I notice that my "results" page is saying now that Batch 140 is outstanding. I had assumed they...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jezgirl
    replied to Help with results...
    Mutations and Haplos

Mutations are purely random events, so there is nothing particular or significant about where they are. They simply help determine your haplogroup, ie which branch of the tree you belong to.

So is it geographic location and combinations of certain mutations...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jezgirl
    replied to Haplogroup H
    HV1 help

Just got my first set of results back and I'm having a difficult time finding any information at all, except that they say "there is a low frequency rate" found in Europe. That's it? That's all there is?
    Can someone shed some light.

HV1
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• No "y" no "comments"?

I'm a female, I can only have my mtDNA done. So I'm trying to understand, if I have no 'y" then I don't get comments?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• where is Askenazi listed in the results?

I had mtDNA results come back but I see no place for comments. I was always led to believe that I was of Ashkenazi descent, although I know these tests could supercede my knowledge, but I see no place that the description could even be written....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Oh no, not again

read the other posts here.... don't go by dictionary definitions, go by usage. Non Jews wouldn't know the context in which the term is used. If you look up ***** in the dictionary you'll find female dog who gave birth to a litter. But that's not how it's used in non-dog...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• For Asparagirl

It was your original post that pushed me to go ahead and get my mtDNA done. I think you have a terrific sense of humor. I just got my results back and although I was always led to believe that I'm Ashkenazi on both side of the family my haplogroup is HV1. I have no idea...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jezgirl
    started a topic HV1... anyone?

HV1... anyone?

Got results back earlier this week and can't find anyone to help explain what who what and where about HV1's.
    Also have 4 mutations but don't know where or how they are statistically significant. Can anyone offer any explanations? Is a mutation at say 16067T years before one say at 16183C? ...
    See more | Go to post

• jezgirl
    replied to mtDNA HV
    I'm HV1

I just got my results back this week and I'm HV1... I don't know what the difference is between being just HV and HV1, I can't seem to find anyone who can answer.
    This is for Shari, when you look at your mtDNA results pages, you'll notice that there are two difference sets...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jezgirl
    Help explaining where mutations take place

Is there any significance as to where along the long string of base pairs the mutations occur? What does it mean? Why does HV1 occur less frequently in Europe - does occur less frequently everywhere? HELP.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• How to Get Help

What's a girl got to do to get a little help around here?
    I've listed request threads in three places and can't find anyone who can or will offer any assistance.
    I think I understand what the results of my mtDNA mean but it's as though I don't what game...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jezgirl
    mitosearch not too helpful

Thanks for your quick response.... mitosearch can hook me up with "genetic cousins" as they say, but it doesn't give me any additional information about WHY these people might be related. Also the majority of people who are a match for my haplogroup...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jezgirl
    started a topic Help with results...

Help with results...

I just got back my mtDNA results (I'm a female and that's all I can have done) and am trying to pull as much info as possible from them. My haplogroup is HV1 and from what I've gathered, it is not a common one, from Europe and that some decendant lineages of the "original" group appean in...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X