No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
14 results in 0.0310 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I think we've beaten this horse to death.
    What I'm finding is that 25 marker test results with a 1GD mismatch and the same surname cannot be trusted. And that's all I'm saying...CANNOT BE TRUSTED. We have to keep upgrading to find out more.
    Hmmm...I think FTDNA has a good thing ($) going...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for all the input...

Our group of about 10 Cole males who trace our MRCA back to John of Hartford, CT about 11 generations back, are interested in close GD matches, not distant GD's (non-matches) based on FTDNA testing results. The 37 marker test has told us that this Cole is "off...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• why upgrade further?

I started this thread.
    I've been re-thinking my options too and I believe you (Fred Springer) are quite right. The 37 marker test has already proven either a no-relationship or very distant relationship between this Cole and the rest of us who have a good match....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Surname GD Puzzle

As the fellow who started this thread, I have found all of your answers really thoughtful (in the technical sense).
    I agree that a 38 to 67 marker upgrade would be a wise move for this testee, however I doubt he will make the effort. It was a bit of a struggle...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Surname Genetic Distance Puzzle

We have a chap in our COLE surname group who has taken the 37 marker test. His results at 25 markers show a 1 GD mutation (with the rest of us) at fast marker 464c.
    Continuing on....He then has a 1 GD mutation at fast marker 456, a 2 GD at fast marker 570, another 2 GD at fast marker CDYa, and...
    See more | Go to post

• Thanks for trying to help me Ryschev, but I think you made my point.
    Where do I find "myftdna"?
    I searched the main FTDNA page and couldn't find any directions to it.
    Must I log in (kit and password information) before the "myftdna" appears?
    I guess my...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Bad 37 to 67 markers

About a year and a half ago I upgraded from 37 to 67 markers and had very strange results. I was a very close match with several other similar surnamed cousins at 37 markers, but my upgrade numbers (38-67) were awful. I had a genetic distance of about 22 with those...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Okay, maybe I'm a LITTLE stupid....

Okay, maybe I'm a little stupid but I can't find anything on the FTDNA pages about how to obtain an upgrade. Say, a 12 to 37 marker upgrade. I was told over the telephone by FTDNA that the only way you can upgrade is to log in with your kit and password information and then you will be directed to the...
    See more | Go to post

• wcole67
    replied to Not Making Any sense!
    Answer to efgen

To efgen...

I split my markers into the three groups that you suggested.

Here are the results:

1st group: 6 of the 10 markers had mismatches for a genetic distance of 6
    2nd group: 6 of the 13 markers had mismatches for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wcole67
    Contacted FTDNA

Just an update on my 38 to 67 marker update test.

I called FTDNA. The young lady who answered asked me to explain my problem...which I did. She said that she was competent to answer why I got a huge genetic distance (with my 8th cousin) in my upgrade to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wcole67
    Thanks

Thanks to all of you who have replied to my 37 to 67 marker upgrade that doesn't make any sense
    The more I think about it...it's got to be a FTDNA error, because it it isn't an error, small genetic distances between individuals with the same surname at 37 markers would...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wcole67
    started a topic Not Making Any sense!

Not Making Any sense!

I took a yDNA 37 marker test about a year ago along with a distant relative (8th cousin) who has the same surname as I have (the "paper trail" we both researched indicated that we were 8th cousins). We had a -2 genetic distance on 37 markers which we felt was ok for such distant cousins. (Only...
    See more | Go to post

• Haplogroup Predictor

Thanks Victor for your prompt reply...I appreciate your help.

Maybe I'm losing my marbles but I seem to remember that the haplogroup predictor MAY have been on the ybase.org site. It was quite awhile ago when I used it..maybe 5 or 6 months ago. Is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• wcole67
    started a topic Haplogroup Predictor Question

Haplogroup Predictor Question

I received the results of my 12 marker genographic test from National Geographic and they assigned me to Haplogroup I (m170). Later on , while surfing the internet, I came across a site where you enter your str's in the appropriate Loci boxes and a Haplogroup is predicted from the entered data. ...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X