Collapse
16 results in 0.0046 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• railwayop
    replied to Thoughts About 16519??
    Thanks for that! It helps. Just when I think I have a handle on learning this "stuff" something new comes along and twists the road a bit and "... that's a good thing." Thanks again!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• railwayop
    replied to Thoughts About 16519??
    16519c

Could some one possibly explain the following:

"... mutations are normally listed as something similar to '16519C.' Your heterplasmy mutation is listed as 8851 T/G ..." (I received my FGS sometime ago and am trying to learn my way through all that now.)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• railwayop
    started a topic new Group

new Group

Hi!

Fabulous idea!!! BARVO!!!

Robbie
    See more | Go to post

• railwayop
    replied to Male mtDNA
    Male mtDNA

Hi again.
    Thank you for the clarification and explanation. Much appreciated.

Would the mtDNA HVR2 to mega refinement test be more than enough in order to get a subglade to replace the asterik then? I think I read somewhere that some people...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• railwayop
    started a topic Male mtDNA

Male mtDNA

Hello:
    This may seem like a dumb question, I guess that's why I am asking it because I don't know.

I have just received the HVR1 results for T* (I am R1b1b2a2e M222+ also awaiting the mega refinement mtDNA test results).

Anyway, is the mtDNA that I carry from...
    See more | Go to post

• Calcs con't

Hi:

>1078BC
    THAT IS AMAZING!!!! How on earth did you discover the connection? Just fantastic reading something like that for you gives encouragement to keep charging along with this!!! (am not looking for that in my family but won't deny it if it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Calcs

Hi - thank you for the feedback.

Yes, I was using the tip one that shows with each person for marker comparison. I understand what you are saying about the percentages and what I did was multiply the 2, 3, 4 etc generations by the 25/30 thinking that would be approximate...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Generation Probabilities and Percentage Calcs

Hi:
    Why are some calculations for generations using 30 years and others at 25 years (have even read some using 20) in determining the generation probabilities?

For example: I have at 2 generations a 1.1% with another...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks

Thank you for the help and clarifying it for me - somehow I got it twisted and then it began not to make sense the more I tried to see around it - appreciate the clear feedback - thanks!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• railwayop
    started a topic Defintion Confusion

Defintion Confusion

Just when I thought I had sorted out the differences between "derived" and "ancestoral" I got myself all messed up again.

I started re-reading Wells "Deep Ancestry" book and on Page 41, 1st paragraph towards the bottom he writes "...since each letter...
    See more | Go to post

• railwayop
    replied to R1b1b2
    Thanks

Thanks once again for the help. Your replies helped clear up some stuff I guess is pretty basic to most. I guess I am locked into the fa/mo/grdfa/grdmo et al mode still and need to clear that out of my head when applying the DNA results and searching back further. If more of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• railwayop
    replied to R1b1b2
    R1b1b2e continued!

Just a couple short questions as it is starting to bug me because I can't find it online myself.

Two (and many more) individuals in the exact same haplogroup have a modal such as Niall with DYS 458 Allele 17 (me 16); DYS CDYb 39 (me 40), and DYS 406S1...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• railwayop
    replied to R1b1b2
    Thanks

I just saw this - Thank You for the book suggestion and feedback - am going to order it today or see if can pick up. Much appreciated!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• railwayop
    replied to R1b1b2
    R1b1b2e and rs342766300+

Oh man this is great! Thanks again and I did send in a Join for the rs project this morning (after the FT site seemed to offline for several hours and it did add me to the list when I log into my kit number) - will go check out the thread you suggested and also...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• railwayop
    replied to R1b1b2
    Thank you / rs34276300+ ??

THANK YOU to each of you who have given me some feedback - it is VERY much appreciated and also makes me feel like I am doing things right in tracing and trying to get a grasp of this DNA material.

What is the rs34276300+ ?- I saw that in a few...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X