31 results in 0.0082 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Clara
    replied to Batch 120
    distant cousins...matches

At this point, I have responded to all of the matches I was given with my test results (31), but so far have not found anyone who is close.... Most are pre-1600, many not even in same country as my mtDNA ancestress. Hopefully, others will come along, but then...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Is Family Tree DNA part of this?
    Gp Id

Hello, Sylvia!

Noaide has just given you a very good suggestion. There are lots of nice folks using the internet...but also a sprinkling of nuts and/or unthinking persons who would misuse identification information.

I also found that sometimes the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aren't acronyms fun!

Hello!

If I recall correctly, Sylvia, GPID stands for "Genonographic Project Identification" number -- or GPID, to make it more "user friendly."

Hope this helps!

Clara
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Batch 120
    finding the words...

Hi, Greg!

Very much to the point! I suppose my concerns go back to the reasons that I tried "genetic genealogy" in the first place -- there are lots of "blanks" on my mother's family tree...and I would like to fill...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Clara; 7 November 2005, 05:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to No Matches--No Useful Information
    ethnic matches?

Hi, Bill

Perhaps I share some of your ethnic background (I could not equate it by percentages). In plain English, mine is Welsh-English-Irish-Scotch-Dutch-French. My mtDNA basically comes from Maryland.

My mtDNA mutations are 73G, 263G, 315.1C...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Basic HVR1+2 Question
    U5 varieties

I'm a "U5a1a" whatever that means!

I notice that my mutations go this way...
    16192T, 16256T, 16270T, 16291T, & 16399G [all HVR1 differences]

I also have 73G, 263G, & 315.1C [all HVR 2 differences].

What...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Batch 120
    other references

Hi, Greg

Did you try the website <www.isogg.org> ? It is recommended by FTDNA and is also free -- look into the "resources" section.

They can add more that numbers to all of this -- and this does get back to people and places...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Batch 120
    interpreting results

Hi, Greg

Glad to see that your test results have been posted. So have mine. I agree; much of it is "Greek." A person just has to read through some of the descriptive material. My best guess is that it may take a little while to gain...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Batch 120
    counting those days...

Hi, Greg.

I haven't received any results, either. ...And, although we are supposed to receive results on the 29th, from a practical standpoint, we may not get it until a weekday. What do you think, Greg?

October 29th does fall on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Batch 120
    misuse of forums?

Hi, Jim

It appears that FTDNA forums have been joined by someone (K.C.) who does not know what to use the lists for.

Since we are approaching a weekend the list administrators (or whatever they are called) may not notice until Monday,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Batch 120
    test results

Hi, Greg

No test result as yet in this corner. I'm still waiting, as you are. When I applied for the test my sample was new to the system, so one would suppose FTDNA is doing it [my test] "from the bottom up."

While you are waiting,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Finding maternal relatives
    tracing maternal lines

Judith, have you considered consulting the old Census records that would have included your mother while she was a child? Census records are sealed for 70 yrs. once taken, to protect the privacy of the respondents; however, your mother's family...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Batch 120
    names

Hello, Gregory...

What you speculate could be true, Gregory....

On the other hand, there are lots of stories at Ellis Island about people who took the names of the those who were just behind them or just ahead of them. Reasons can be a simple as a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Batch 120
    good news...

Hello, Friends!

How about that...! I think that today is "Fill in the Blank Day" for Batch 120 at FTDNA. I notice that from my page, target results are projected for 29 October.... Perhaps the pages of you, Jeff and Gregory as well will have the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clara
    replied to Batch 120
    good suggestion

Will do, Jim....

Meanwhile, the labs tell me that sequencing for my sample begins today.... Great!

How about Gregory and Jeff? How is the lab process going for you?

Thanks, Clara
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X