Search Result

Collapse
30 results in 0.0109 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• cobra
    started a topic Is 17% noise/admixture or not?

Is 17% noise/admixture or not?

myOrigins says I'm 76% Anatolian, which is not surprising because I'm Armenian. But it also says I'm 17% Sephardic Jewish.

Is the 17% of Sephardic Jewish just noise/admixture, or is it because I may have an actual Jewish ancestor? My family are Armenians from the former Ottoman Empire...
    See more | Go to post

• cobra
    started a topic H*

H*

I got the results of my H-refinement test and I came out H* (HVR1: 16192T, 16213A; HVR2: 182T, 186A, 263G, 315.1C)
    Does anyone have any background info on H*? I think someone had mentioned something about H* but I can not find the post.
    See more | Go to post

• Actually after reading your posts you convinced me to go ahead and change my information . I live in Canada, and I had put "Canada" as my origin on ysearch and mitosearch. But I changed to "Armenia", where my grand-parents and their ancestors are from. What you say makes sense....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied to Haplogroup R1a
    dentate, I also ordered a test from Ethnoancestry, specifically the Marligen test, to test for M124 and others. While R1a, R1b, J, E3b and some other haplogroups are well known, I agree that geneticists are still in the process of fully understanding and characterizing the little known haplogroups....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    About 5%-10% of Armenians are R1a. Both myself and my matches are R*, not a single R1a, but there are two 4-step P* matches (1 from Belarus and 1 from India).
    Though the Armenian language is Indo-European, genetically Armenians are very diverse. There is a native Caucasian presence (Haplogroup...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by cobra; 11 December 2005, 08:37 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    I am an Ethnic Armenian. Historic Armenia is located roughly in the general area where Turkey and the three former ex-Soviet republics (including present-day Armenia) of the Caucasus meet. My Grand-Father was also an ethnic Armenian from central Anatolia, where a lot Armenians were located. Armenians...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    I have a question. What is meant by "Indian-Tribal"? In my REO, the 2 closest matches (2-step) are from India, one with the comment "Indian-Tribal". I also have the same for a 3-step match. Thank you......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied to R1*
    I think they determine a haplogroup with the STRs. The vast majority of people have STRs that are relatively common within their specific haplogroups. Most non-native American and European participants are probably R1a, R1b, I, J or E3b. These haplogroups have haplotypes that are known and individuals...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied to R1*
    Well I finally got my SNP results and I am R*. The results show M207+, the marker for R*. There was nothing on M173, the marker for R1, but I was told by e-mail that I came negative for M173, so I am either R* or R2. I will decide later whether I get myself tested for M124 (R2). I know that Ethnoancestry...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by cobra; 2 December 2005, 08:48 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied to R1*
    This is actually a source of confusion for me. I was also put in M173 by Genographic. However, Genographic project erroneously associates M173 with R (as shown on the map). M207 is the marker for R*, whereas M173 is the marker for R1*. So when Genographic shows M173 and R*, I do not know whether they...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by cobra; 30 November 2005, 08:22 AM. Reason: Forgot a sentence

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied to mtDNA Haplogroup H refinement
    Interestingly, the sample given by vraatyah is from the Caucasus. I am an ethnic Armenian, and Armenia is one of the 3 ex-Soviet republics of the Caucasus. Who knows, maybe that sample may be a distant relative
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    started a topic mtDNA Haplogroup H refinement

mtDNA Haplogroup H refinement

I got my mtDNA results back (HVR1: 16192T, 16213A; HVR2: 182T, 186A, 263G, 315.1C) and was placed in Haplogroup H. My page shows that I can order the following test to further refine my haplogroup:

mt-H -- mtDNA Haplogroup H Refinement...$89

Did anyone take this test? I...
    See more | Go to post

• cobra
    replied to Weekly Batches
    ...or to those of us still waiting for SNP results from batch 115 ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied to Haplogroup P
    SNP Results?

Dentate,

Did you get your uncle's SNP results? Since I also have an unusual Y-DNA, with only very few 2-3-4 step matches with some "R" and "P" individuals, mostly in India, I was curious to know what Haplogroup your uncle may be.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cobra
    replied to Batch 116
    Were you told that your particular SNP test is unusually difficult (M45 for Haplogroup P*) or that all SNP tests are unusually difficult? I am also waiting for an SNP test. The date still shows August 18....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X