No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
138 results in 0.0160 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Michal doesn't mention the Zhivotovsky problem which was discussed ad nauseum on early DNA forums. He estimated that the STR estimates usually made were actually 1/3 of the real age. He wrote several notes supporting his thesis but it never was fully accepted by the broad spectrum of analysts of his...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• How is the last "important" mutation determined

I recently received my Big Y results and shared them with R - L21 administrators for analysis. The net result is that I'm confirmed R - L1066, but my last mutation is identified as: R - 23756356-C-CTG. Alex Williamson, who performed the analysis, said: "This mutation is an STR. This is the only...
    See more | Go to post

• If one considers climate and climates history as a science, then some other facts may affect the story being portrayed here: 1. During the middle Holocene period, the climate of northern Africa was much better than southern Europe due to a relocation of the upper winds to the South. this ended after...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ironroad41
    replied to Pictish Discovery?
    In my studies of clan Gregor, I know of less than 100 Ian Cam, direct descendants of the Clan founder. Whereas there are more than 1000 clan entries. Granted many are septs, but even the McGregors are generally not "MacGregors". In my case I appear to be a native Briton and would be called...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I received the same message yesterday. My BAM file is currently being analyzed by YFull. I've sent them a cc of the msg, but have not received an answer. Guess I'll just sit and wait, they (YFull) had said it would only take a week; but its been approaching two weeks as of now?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ironroad41
    I'm not sure the Big Y will help you as much as you may hope.I am L1066, but my haplotype is quite diverse and probably very old.I have been able to trace my direct ancestry back to 1684 to a Patrick Gregor McGregory, who settled in the Albany area. I have found records of him in Scotland, but no parental...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ironroad41; 24 April 2015, 02:53 PM. Reason: add additonal information

Leave a comment:

• ironroad41
    I said, basically, the same thing in my first input to this thread on page 3. Since there had been so much intermixing going on in Gaul, I would suspect each of the major P312 clades are represented in various amounts in the Belgae and Gauls..(U106, U152 and L21). I don't think any of them would have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ironroad41
    I mentioned David Faux's name earlier. He has done extensive studies on the origin of U152. See: http://davidkfaux.org/Angles_England_R_U152.pdf. This is the third part of a 3part study. From the little I've read he is asserting that the Cimbri (Jutland) are the major source of U152 in England and...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ironroad41; 23 April 2015, 10:44 AM. Reason: Found new information.

Leave a comment:

• ironroad41
    I think the steppe hypothesis is part of the story. It doesn't explain the Mal'ta boy, nor the existence of a band of some 20 degrees in Latitude, East to West, that was very temperate c. 9k to 6k BC, centered around the Baltic Sea. I believe that R1b was native to that region, and literally was wiped...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ironroad41
    I should add that there is quite a bit of on-line analysis by David Faux, Rocca, gilbert etc., re: the origins of U152. What I am quite sure of is that the Belgae tribes who lived in the Benelux area had a high degree of R L21. I think that David Faux would agree that U152 wasn't exclusive to the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ironroad41
    I'm not sure what they should be. It seems though, that the Belgae tribes were R1b - L21. I haven't looked at the Low Countries DNA site in a while but there were many entries with similar haplotypes to the R1b scotti tribes such as Clan Donald, Gregor, MacMillan etc....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ironroad41
    There is also a book on the Picts by Benjamin Hudson, published in 2014. He takes a different position on who were the Picts. He suggests a European origin, probably from the Pictones (A greek word Picton, pluralized in Latin by adding the "es".)

In Caesar's the "Conquest...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ironroad41
    replied to DNA Results from Asturias
    Wells and Hammer have been back and forth on this issue. Consider the wooly mammoth, remains have only been found in Siberia, but there are pictures on Cave walls of western Europe of these animals. The reality is that the Mammoths and other creatures travelled from Europe to Siberia in a Northern...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ironroad41
    AFIK, there have only been two remains analyzed which were, as you say , some form of I. But, can you explain to me how R1b became the most prominent hg in north western Europe?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ironroad41
    The Climatological data suggests that from 9K BC to about the time of the great flood c. 6K BC, their was a large E-W corridor between Europe and northern Asia. Where did the descendants of the R migrate to? South was not very good in those days. Cool, wet, climate. There is a 16K year hole in the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X