Search Result

Collapse
13 results in 0.0061 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Multiple close matches but no cigar

I have 2 64/67 and 2 63/67 matches that have the same surname as I do. All of them appear to be from County Cork in Ireland, my paternal grandfather's family's home. The 2 64/67 matches both differ from me at the same 3 markers: DYS393, DYS464 and DYS570. One of the 63/67 has the same mismatches...
    See more | Go to post

• How close do the results need to be???

A few years ago we found a genealogy query on an electronic bulletin board by a young man in California looking for his ancestors in colonial NY during the pre-Revolutionary war era. As our family was of this same surname and lived in the same immediate area we felt there was probably a connection....
    See more | Go to post

• jmm45
    replied to Batch 114 delay???
    Finally got our Batch 114 results in. Unfortunately they didn't work out the way we hoped they would but it helps to know who you aren't related to in your search to figure out who you are kin with. Good luck to all in your efforts. We are off to regroup and figure out where to go from here......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jmm45
    Jim,

We think you are missing the point. One of our biggest collective problems is the lack of communication between the vendor and its customers as to the status of the customers' order(s). We know of no other such business relationship where the lack of order status seen here is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jmm45
    I don't know what the problem is but our sample in Batch 114 has now missed its Anticipated Date for the third time. We've done a number of samples in the past without any problems so this has us frustrated. Reading the other messages in this thread makes us think that there is some kind of resource...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jmm45
    Amen!!!! We all understand delays and most of us can roll with the punches. The good folks at FTDNA need to figure out a way to pass the word as suggested in the message above and let us know when delays occur and keep the best estimated date on our personal pages. This is only fair as many of us...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jmm45
    Anyone from FTDNA care to comment about this? Is there something we should know about?
    Thanks...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jmm45
    Just had my expected date moved back again - the new date is now 8/25. I guess I can start chewing the other set of fingernails down to the elbow of the other arm.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jmm45
    started a topic Batch 114 delay???

Batch 114 delay???

Does anyone know if all of 114 has been delayed or just certain samples? The original scheduled date was 7/30 and then it was pushed back to 8/6. Here it is 8/11 and still no word. Just curious...

Thanx,
    John and Rick
    Kit 37667
    See more | Go to post

• jmm45
    started a topic Counting Generations to MRCA

Counting Generations to MRCA

I have seen differing ideas about how to count the number of generations to the Most Recent Common Ancestor.

One school of thought seems to be the (average) number of generations back from the test subjects to the MRCA.

The other method appears to be counting back from...
    See more | Go to post

• What is a reasonable criteria???

We are attempting to ascertain if person "A" is the father of my grandfather, "B".

We have found a male line grandson of person A and have submitted a 25 marker YStr sample from him.

We already have a 25 marker test completed for a male line grandson...
    See more | Go to post

• Paternity Determination - 109 years late!

My maternal grandfather was born in Sweden in 1896. On his baptismal record his father's name was left blank. After he came to America one of his Aunt's mentioned that she believed that his father was of a certain surname. We have had a male line cousin of mine get a 25 marker test and we have located...
    See more | Go to post

• jmm45
    started a topic Significance of DYS393 value?

Significance of DYS393 value?

I'm pretty new at all this. I have a fairly "classic" set of markers with a somewhat "odd" value of 14 for DYS-393. This appears to be a fairly low occurrance with R1b male lines. Any ideas as to any possible significance or anything I can infer from this value? (My wife is kidding...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X