Collapse
263 results in 0.1018 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• DKF
    replied to 12 markers -2 mismatch
    I recall about 13 years ago having a disagreement with the chief statistician at FTDNA wherein he asserted that all of my 12/12 matches were related to me within a genealogical time frame. I said that my grandfather was born in England and that my Y ancestor back to the 1600s was English, and that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to Denisovan
    My Neanderthal percentage is 2.5%; and Denisovian 2.9%.

In other words I have a percentage of that latter that is characteristic of the Melanesians profiled in a recent study. The report also noted a cluster in Southeast Asian and among Native Americans.

I would venture...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to U152 News
    Timothy,

The site was working a few days ago, but at present I just get a blank screen. With my website, if I want to make revisions, I don't have to take anything off line in order to make changes - except perhaps for a second or two as the new version replaces the old. Haven't heard...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to U152 News
    R-U152>L2>L20 New SNPs

Based on the Geno 2 testing, and Steve Gilbert's preliminary report, there is at least one new SNP found on my Y and not seen in other L20s. This is CTS11795. Since I only have three Z SNPs showing (due to Build 37?), there may be more downstream...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to Lost kit?
    My experience was very similar to yours except that this first kit was sent to the wrong address. Anyway, after being shown on the webpage that the sample sent a month ago had arrived yesterday and was at 20% - today I see I am at 40%. Wow, they are smoking - keep on trucking....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to Lost kit?
    My kit apparently arrived and is at 20% completion - according to my webpage (although have not as yet received an e-mail confirmation). I just wanted to know that the kit had arrived - and so it has, so as stated I don't have expectations about any quick turn around time since they have received a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to Lost kit?
    Clearly you know something of my history beyond that of my being a customer.

To answer your question, yes I got busy. I would take vacations, but with my laptop and if in Hawaii would, every day, spend hours sitting in my rented car outside the wifi linked coffee shop answering queries...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to Lost kit?
    Guess I need to use the phone. I thought that by using e-mail it would give them more time to prioritize and get back to me in a day or two with an answer - since the question is so simple. I seldom complain about anything, but the missteps from the git go have accumulated and got under my skin....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to Lost kit?
    No, I can't / won't give them a break because the competition is just as busy yet managed to receive and process and post the results of my second cousin's testing in this time.

All I want to know is, did the sample arrive from California to Houston. Yes, or no. I am fine with giving...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to Lost kit?
    Well, I continue to await any sort of notification that my sample has arrived in Houston. I was told to send a query to another e-mail address since the group that had been handling my questions about the original problem of sending the kit to the wrong address could not handle the "arrival problem"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to Lost kit?
    Well, my Geno2 sample was mailed from California on the 6th of December (the same day I registered the kit) and it is the 26th now and I have no indication (on my webpage) that the kit has been received. I wrote but got a reply about the sample taking a few weeks to process - all I want to know is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to DNA-Forums down?
    Humm, interesting. It was due to a M. O'C....... and a small group of the "Irish mafia" at dna-forums that caused me to leave that group permanently. The M. O'C....... over there accused me of being "anti Irish" because I stated a fact, that no author at any time in history between...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Zero 3rd cousins of 108.

The rest are 4th to distant cousins. Attempts with the highest three matches to find an ancestor in common have not met with success. This, even though my highest match has the same surname as my mother (Williamson). Just coincidence unfortunately - they from...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 100% Orcadian +-zero

Just got my results yesterday. My PF is 100% Orcadian with a zero margin of error. This seems a bit adamant - if this just a holding pattern until they run a more extensive analysis?

RF at 23andMe has me in the French and German box so something seems...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied to R1b1a2a1a1b3c1 (L20+)
    Probably the best way to see at a glance the spectrum of places where L20 is found in Europe is via FTDNA's R-U152 Project:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...ction=yresults

Recent developments can be followed at www.U152.org; and the hot off the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X