117 results in 0.0495 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Sonia
    replied to Batch 333
    FGS Date Change

My mtDNA FGS has been pushed to 1/08, but I anticipate another postponement since a friend in Batch 331 has had her FGS pushed to 1/15.

I don't mind the wait, but hopefully those who are ordering now are being told that their wait will be more like 10-12...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sonia
    replied to 23andme
    Opt In to Relative Finder

Greetings folks! I can't imagine that anyone here hasn't opted in to the Relative Finder feature, but in case you haven't please do. I've got 204 potential cousins (4th-distant), but only 9 have opted in. I'm sharing with 7 of those - and may have helped 2...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sonia
    started a topic Where are people discussing now?

Where are people discussing now?

It looks like many people may have had a hard time getting back here, like me. Is there an easy way to see it from the general forums? Or, where have people gone to discuss their African DNA, since this isn't active at all. I most often visit the Afrigeneas DNA forum and I'm subscribed to the mtDNA...
    See more | Go to post

• Sonia
    replied to U6a1 mtDNA?
    Good News for U6

If there are any others who discovered that they have mtDNA U, there is now a project that was started by Bernard. You can find it under projects, but if you have trouble let me know. Not, that I'll give up on U6 belonging in the Africa Project, especially...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sonia
    replied to U6a1 mtDNA?
    AtDNA and mtDNA Variation

Greg wrote: This could support some of your earlier autosomal results. I see some evidence with a relationship between mtDNA hg U and hg L, but this is a little beyond my research so far.

Hi Greg,

The U6a1 mtDNA result is for my...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sonia
    started a topic U6a1 mtDNA?

U6a1 mtDNA?

Any chance you'll be permitting U6a1 to remain in the African DNA Project? Though they are a back migration into Africa ca 15 KYA and derive far from L (L3 > N > R > U > U6 I think), U6 seems to predominate in African and African American populations.

I guess I see its return...
    See more | Go to post

• Sonia
    started a topic Batch 278

Batch 278

Here are ETAs for tests in this batch.

Y-DNA37+mtDNAPlus(HVR1) 12/03/2008
    Y-DNA37+mtDNAPlus(HVR2) 12/03/2008
    (Which will yield my maternal grandmother's father's y)

Y-DNA37+mtDNAPlus(Y-DNA13-25 Markers) 12/05/2008
    Y-DNA37+mtDNAPlus(Y-DNA26-37...
    See more | Go to post

• Sonia
    replied to Batch 275
    mtDNA Results

My cousin's Batch 275 HVR1 mtDNA results came in yesterday - L2a
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sonia
    replied to L2 & L2A
    Disappearing Matches

In August, my 6 matches and I ran into the same situation. We emailed FTDNA. It was tied to the smart matching and also to them adding specificity to our haplogroup. Eventually, we all caught up with each other again. No longer just L3, now L3e3. So contacting...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sonia
    replied to Smgf
    Thanks!

Hi Ann,

Thanks for letting me know about the typo & checking for matches. Many of the women in the early generations seemed to have children forever - starting before the age of 18 and going into their 40s. My Dad was a big time oops with his...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sonia
    replied to Smgf
    1865 to 1961

Hi Ann,

I will check the the collection of African samples against my mtDNA. We'd also like to know where that renigade atDNA came from, and again African populations are going to be different from African American populations. Just take a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sonia
    replied to Smgf
    Really?

[QUOTE=tomcat][QUOTE=Jambalaia32]At Sorensons you have to know 4 generations of ancestors to participate and I only know 3, so I couldn't have participated and like I said they don't use haplogroups,and I like knowing my Haplogrup. Jambalaia32

Maybe I should try...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sonia
    replied to ABDNA and Phenotype...
    Trying a smaller image

Perhaps the other image was too large. I attempted a smaller one, but I think the dial up connection is too slow for the alloted 30 seconds, so you can see Gram at http://members.aol.com/scabbegen/Gram.jpg

Thanks,
    Sonia
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sonia
    Didn't Work

Okay, all advice welcomed. I think my little old machine couldn't handle being asked to upload something. When I try again, should the attachment be seen in the post preview?

TIA,
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sonia
    Attempting Gram's Photo Attachment

Hi Folks,

My lesson plans are written for the next 2 weeks, so I thought I'd give a try at attaching Gram's photo. This was a photo of her for her 101st birthday, celebrated on January 21, 2006. I'm not sure if this is going to work,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X