7 results in 0.0067 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• lesmartels
    started a topic Likely dna match

Likely dna match

I have a match of only 16cMs with someone whose tree overlaps mine so we share my 4 x great grandparents and his 6 x great grandparents. My sister shares this match too so how likely is it to be a genuine match or is it possible it is just a dna glitch. The reason I ask is that I am now not sure that...
    See more | Go to post

• lesmartels
    replied to Number of matches
    Thanks for the reply. I won't bother with another test in that case. We all tested with Ancestry and I have put both mine and my sisters raw dna onto Gedmatch and My Heritage but have not yet identified any matches other than those on Ancestry with the same kit name. I think it might be useful to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• lesmartels
    started a topic Number of matches

Number of matches

My sister, nephew and I have all taken tests and we all have matches from both sides of our family. Our nephew obviously has matches from his mother's side but he does have them from both sides of my parents, so we know all 3 of us have come from the same parents and paternal grandparents. What is...
    See more | Go to post

• lesmartels
    replied to How are we related?
    Hi Prairie Lad,

I have been giving my problem a lot of thought, even when I am not conscious of doing so and am no further forward. I have suggested to the brother of the match's grandfather about doing a DNA test but nothing came back. I will have to offer to pay for a test in the hope...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Prairie Lad,

Thanks for your reply. It is the conclusion that I too am arriving at which does narrower down research a bit. It is a bit of a shock as we were quite close neighbours and good friends, I am happy with it but I don't know how the grandfather will react if he finds we are...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi John,

Thank you for your in depth reply. I am slowly going through the match's family tree but as she has been very reluctant to reply to anything I have asked her, although claiming she wants to know more, I am making some headway by speaking to the brother of her grandfather and researching...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• lesmartels
    started a topic How are we related?

How are we related?

My sister and I have recently (independently) has our DNA tested and have both had the same match 1 - 2nd cousins with someone. Mine was 577 cMs and my sister was 608 cMs. I have managed to find out that the other person's grandfather, my generation, was a neighbour that we knew very well but did...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X