Search Result

Collapse
37 results in 0.0146 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Slam
    replied to why do bam files cost 100 bucks.
    I was referring to FTDNA autosomal vs 23andme autosomal testing, we all know FTDNA doesnt include snp testing for Y-DNA and mtDNA in their Family Finder test.
    Whilst 23andme will give you a very basal Hg, FTDNA Family Finder gives you nothing. Which is why I said its over priced and outdated....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Slam; 30 November 2019, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    I'd rather pay $99 to 23andme and get much better and often updated ancestry composition, plus my Y-DNA and mtDNA, something FTDNA cant match with their Family Finder outdated product ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    It was to discourage people uploading their BAM to 3rd party matching websites who do a better job than FTDNA at analysing the data, using FTDNA mass email excuse, then the autosomal test raw files should be chargeable also if they begin to not include them in the future and reduce the price of Family...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The problem is My Heritage hasnt adapted their platform to accept the new V2 chip file format, even though FTDNA processes the kits in their labs for My Heritage.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    replied to Family Finder/MyOrigin Reference Panel
    Thank you very much for your informative answer.

I'm from the "Old World" as opposed to the "New World", where a lot of mixing occurs, gg parents, g parents and parents were all born within the same area, yet FTDNA scores me 63% for this region, where as My Heritage...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    started a topic Family Finder/MyOrigin Reference Panel

Family Finder/MyOrigin Reference Panel

When was the last time the reference panel for Family Finder/MyOrigin was updated? compared with other autosomal tests I've done with a few other companies, FTDNA's ancestry composition seems to be outdated.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Slam; 25 July 2019, 08:23 AM.

• Its because myOrigins2 is very outdated, I get 9% Sephardic and have no known Jewish ancestors, FTDNA needs to step up their game with their reference panels for autosomal tests or get left behind.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    replied to myorigins 3.0
    myOrigin2 is heavily outdated, with the likes of 23andme new beta release and myheritage update later this year, FTDNA need to step up their game or people like me who test auDNA in bulk will go with companies that update regularly.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    replied to Current FF batch #?
    I think all the delays people are having with FF is due to FTDNA using a new chip, same delays are happening with My Heritage and I know they are using FTDNA labs for processing.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    replied to 23andmeV5 test Now Accepted
    Support told me that they arent going to fix this issue in the short term, so I got my $19 transfer fee refunded, waste of time.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    replied to Current Y-DNA batch# ?
    Finally completed this morning....108 unnamed variants, I understand it will take about a week to iron some things out.
    Big Y-700
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    The Big Y column appeared on my Y-DNA matches page as soon as I got my 111 STR's, which was about 2 weeks after I ordered the Big Y, I think sometime in late Dec.

I think the column should show up regardless if you have any matches or not, perhaps they are still tweaking the site....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    Check your matches page, see if your Big Y column has populated, I just checked mine and they were, so I guess I dont have very much long to wait....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    Same here for my batch 915, this is the 3rd delay and becoming very annoying....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Slam
    replied to GSA chip
    From the information I have gleamed from crypto/undercover employee's on a certain FB group, its in preparation for the switch to the new chip.

I wish I have known this before buying an additional 10 autosomal kits, which now render them useless for my plans to create Lazarus kits....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X