Search Result

Collapse
500 results in 0.0873 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• penguin
    replied to Any experience with GedMatch?
    Biblioteque Did you find an interesting result based on your triangulations? How many such results in the 7 years? I do like the matrix tool here at ftdna, which then can be further followed with the chromosome browser - but not as many matches to play with. Also like 23and me usefulness for triangulation...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• penguin
    replied to Disappointed
    The problem I've had with it is not that FTDNA does not provide health info, but rather that they go out of there way to REDACT the positions that have potentially useful medical info in them. There is nothing in the govt regulations that require them to do this, and its puzzling given that mtdna also...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I never recieved this email - even though i receive all sorts of emails from them. I'm actually quite distressed by this. I will go to my account and opt out now- but the question remains: Does anyone know if law enforcement agencies have already copied all the data onto their servers? That would make...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• penguin
    started a topic GAP adminstrator contest

GAP adminstrator contest

Altho a little gripe, can you reconsider the only one entry per adminstrater restriction?
    See more | Go to post

• penguin
    replied to Any experience with GedMatch?
    I didn't have much luck with Gedmatch. I was hoping that people who test with ancestrydna would be on there and I would get more matches. But very very few people from ancestrydna are on there and the ones that are, only very very few of them have posted trees. The way gedmatch is set up , there is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks Jim. That's helpful. will check out the link also. I guess if I could go back 700-800 years, that would be helpful for this line. But then also saw that number of matches was recently way reduced/criteria tightened which could be a problem. ok, not likely to do it especially given the price increase...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi Jim - That's exactly what i was "worried" about. Alot of bucks and time later and all I might have is to learn that I also have "Q7809097" downstream of L70 which no one else has. What i was hoping to learn is that if there is a public database of unrecogized snps/branches that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Impotant! so and so has left the project...

Do you see FTDNA how annoying it is when the subject header says important and it's not? At some point recently, the emails i get when a project member has left the group changed the subject heading to say "Important". I'm hoping you can change it back and leave label "important"...
    See more | Go to post

• penguin
    started a topic J-L70+ Z435- is Big Y worth it?

J-L70+ Z435- is Big Y worth it?

Trying to decide if a Big Y will give much usable info when sequence is J-L70+ and Z435- (and other standard downstream markers negative). The STRs are pretty rare (at 12 markers, only people in whole FTDNA database that match are others with same surname and beyond 12, the two lines of this surname...
    See more | Go to post

• Worth perusing thru 111 markers?

One matching person with same surname has tested out to 111 STR markers, however, all the individuals with the surname have no matches to anyone other than themselves at the 12 marker level. AT the 25 marker level, the sequence that I am in charge of (who has only tested 25 markers) has no matches,...
    See more | Go to post

• penguin
    started a topic J2 L70+ but Z435-

J2 L70+ but Z435-

I have a J sequence that has the variant at L70 but not Z435 (also negative for M137 and M318). My understanding is that officially in the latest Y tree, the only recognized, testable, clade of L70 is snp Z435, so that for standard testing, this sequence will remain L70* and no further official snp...
    See more | Go to post

• penguin
    replied to Current Y-DNA batch# ?
    Batch 848, Y-25 test, pushed back to mid June -June 30, 2018. (Was batched on April 4)
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by penguin; 1 June 2018, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• penguin
    started a topic Y DNA batch 848?

Y DNA batch 848?

Sample was received by April 4, 2018. Was originally scheduled for some time in May. Just saw that it has been "postponed" and new estimated date for results is about June 15-June 30. Is this just this sample or is the whole batch affected? Frustrating as this is a project member from another...
    See more | Go to post

• penguin
    started a topic Is mitosearch already shut down?

Is mitosearch already shut down?

I know mitosearch is going away, so I just tried to pull off the 90 sequences I need, in case I don't have them elsewhere. But when I selected the "compare" option, I'm getting an error message that says "the selected URL cannot be found". Has it already been shut down? or maybe...
    See more | Go to post

• Wish they would at least offer a consolation prize that until they shut it down: reinstate the ability to send messages to the owner of the sequences one is interested in. (that has not been functional for a few years) There remains a couple of very important sequences there and would like to see if...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by penguin; 19 May 2018, 06:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X