7 results in 0.0066 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• OldMtnLady
    started a topic Strange emails from FTDNA

Strange emails from FTDNA

Today I received emails for three of the accounts I manage. Each email said "We found 1 new Close Family Finder match(es) for" followed by the tester's name. I checked each account - no new close matches. So why did I receive these emails?
    See more | Go to post

• OldMtnLady
    replied to Phasing question
    I don't have any close maternal relatives who have tested, so the only phasing I show is paternal. I guess what you're saying is that if I did have maternal phasing, my daughter would show up there as well.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OldMtnLady
    started a topic Phasing question

Phasing question

Why, on my match list, is my daughter listed as a paternal match? There is absolutely no possibility that my husband and I are genetically related, so she doesn't have any DNA from my family except through me.
    See more | Go to post

• OldMtnLady
    replied to Very large X-match
    That's what I did. Their possible X contributors intersect at one, and only one, person, one of their great-great-grandmothers. What I want to know is whether this is believable, given the size of the match, or if there is likely to be another link somewhere that I haven't found yet. I suppose I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OldMtnLady
    started a topic Very large X-match

Very large X-match

My paternal uncle (RBG) has what seems to me to be a very large X-Match with another man, VRH, who is his double third cousin (2 shared sets of great-great-grandparents). In addition to 106 shared cM of autosomal DNA, they match on 3 segments of X, for a total of 102.72 cM on X alone. The longest...
    See more | Go to post

• OldMtnLady
    started a topic Tree Problems

Tree Problems

Since it was the only way to show all my matches, I uploaded most of my family tree today, 14K+ people. Here are the problems I found when I started linking people:

1. The search function frequently doesn't work. What I ended up doing was typing just the first name, and scrolling through...
    See more | Go to post

• Bad Idea

So in order to show known relationships, I have to add all these LIVING people to my tree? That seems like a bad idea.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X