Collapse
41 results in 0.0120 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• jennsunshine
    replied to Starting fresh...on new search
    Also, an addendum in the paper trail as I know it. I rechecked some documentation I have. My grandmother was attending school in Boston in the Fall of 1927 and early 1928. Deductive reasoning leads me to believe that she might have met someone when she was at school, prior to marrying my grandfather....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    replied to Starting fresh...on new search
    The Ancestry kits I had done for myself and my father were back in Spring of 2016. We got those results by April 2016 or so, and then uploaded them here.

My aunt didn't submit her Ancestry DNA sample until late last Summer. At that point, FTDNA wasn't accepting DNA from Ancestry. I finally...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    started a topic Starting fresh...on new search

Starting fresh...on new search

I appear to have an NPE with my maternal grandfather. Research I have been doing appears to confirm that. I have tested myself, my father and my maternal aunt at Ancestry, and uploaded their files to FTDNA and Gedmatch. Mother passed away before I could test her.

No issues with my father's...
    See more | Go to post

• jennsunshine
    started a topic Narrowing down matches

Narrowing down matches

I'm jumping back in to this research after a long hiatus. I got pretty frustrated and discouraged last year.

Anyhow, I am trying to fill in a huge hole on my mother's paternal line. It appears that there was an NPE with my maternal grandfather, now unknown. Mother passed away at the end...
    See more | Go to post

• jennsunshine
    replied to Going around in circles
    I am going to make one final request - please stop with the public shaming. I am done with this thread, and you are turning what has been an enjoyable hobby and quest in to something that is far from it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    I shouldn't have to explain myself or my personal motivations in this venture to a complete stranger. Suffice to say I know my family very well (we are tiny and almost everyone is long deceased), and I have taken all of this in to consideration. Subject closed.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    I would also love to develop an accurate family tree on my mother's paternal side that truly reflects her ancestry there. It doesn't make sense to continue that area of research for *me* if there is not a genetic connection. I will continue to do the research for my aunt, because it *is* her history....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    Yes, I do; otherwise, I wouldn't be doing this. It isn't a big family secret; my mother was very open about this many years prior to her passing. If she were alive, she would be right in the middle of this doing her own research. She left behind volumes and volumes of genealogical research, but did...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    So, I am continuing my process of elimination to see if I can narrow my focus even more. I'm not even sure if what I am doing is helpful or not in trying to determine unknown paternity and ancestry for my mother.

I decided to do a GEDCOM and DNA match for my father, myself and my maternal...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't know until you suggested it that I could determine shared cMs on Ancestry.

My cousin and I share 357 cMs and 21 segments per Ancestry.

I also started playing with the comparison tool at Gedmatch - comparing my kit and my aunt's, as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    Yes, I am moving carefully on this one. To answer your question, Ancestry says my cousin has 3471 shared cM and 65 DNA segments that are shared. I have 800 shared cMs with 39 shared DNA segments with my aunt - per Ancestry. Very high numbers for a supposed second cousin, and low numbers for me as a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    I think you're right. I will have to do 'not in common with' utilities to narrow things down. I can do that here at FTDNA with Dad and myself - I was able to upload his DNA before things changed at Ancestry. I can also do the same at Gedmatch.

I can only compare my Aunt's kit at Gedmatch....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    Well then, it looks like the Lazarus kit is out as a tool. Mom had no other siblings that I am aware of.

Next?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    I agree with the probability, so the question is where to go from here and what tools or strategies will be most effective to confirm. I am neither shocked nor surprised, particularly as my mother was pretty certain of this herself, but had no way to research or confirm her theory.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jennsunshine
    Quick clarification- I did input my father's Gedmatch kit number in the optional field to create Mom's Lazarus kit. I put my kit in Group 1 and my aunt's kit in Group 2.

So, if I have an accurate Lazarus kit for Mom, what can I do with that information? That's what I am unsure of....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X