Collapse
78 results in 0.0096 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Sara291
    replied to Low shared cM?
    Yes I agree. I have all my tests at Gedmatch and everywhere possible. My daughter isn't at Ancestry or 23&me since she is too little still. The match isn't someone I know but we figured out the connection through Ancestry so I'm trying to get some to upload to Gedmatch but I don't know if they are...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sara291
    Both my kids have also tested at FTDNA and one at 23&me. She is only at Ancestry. I will see if I can get her to upload to Gedmatch. I'm not sure she will though.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sara291
    Yeah it's throwing me off some. I've confirmed this side of the tree with correct cM ranges and through records but this one person is confusing me a lot.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sara291
    Both tested at Ancestry so I know they lower it a little so since she isn't on Gedmatch it's hard to know. Yes one is young - 6 - and the other is much older. Ancestry hint shows them as first cousins twice removed. Let's see . . So my 6-yr-old great grandfather sisters daughter. My son's great great...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sara291
    started a topic Low shared cM?

Low shared cM?

Would it be possible to only share 25 cM across 3 segments for a 1st cousin twice removed? A 2nd great grandfather's siblings child? We have finished our tree and everything falls into place perfectly except that one match.
    See more | Go to post

• Sara291
    started a topic Chances of darker skin color?

Chances of darker skin color?

I had my children via a donor. I know who the donor is and I know many of their biological 1/2 siblings. My daughter has the darkest skin out of the all the children I've seen from this donor. She isn't super dark but very olive and tans like crazy quick. All the other children have olive skin though....
    See more | Go to post

• Sara291
    started a topic 23&me questions

23&me questions

Got the 23&me results back today and we have one match that says grandson-grandparent - 24.3% shared across 31 segments. I was told 23&me will make guesses based off a age gap. Is this correct?

Like I've heard is common I have many anonymous matches which I heard gets frustrating...
    See more | Go to post

• Sara291
    replied to To contact?
    Yes my son has. His biggest match is a 60/67 and only 1. He has 12 at the 25 marker and then lots at 12.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sara291
    started a topic To contact?

To contact?

My children do not have many matches at all and most are on my side. I'm working on their paternal side. They have 1 cousin that's suggested as a 3rd cousin. 104 shared cM. I did a mirror tree and got 7-8 shared ancestry hints back to the same relative which would be his great great grandfather. I think...
    See more | Go to post

• Sara291
    started a topic Ancestry shared hints question

Ancestry shared hints question

I unattached my son from my tree for a mirror tree for a few days. After I reattached him back to mind he never got any hints from my side. Do I need to reset myself as his mother? The paternal side shared hints came back. I also noticed that my sisters & aunts came in a week or so are and are linked...
    See more | Go to post

• Sara291
    replied to How to make the most out of a closer match?
    I think I'm close but one thing isn't adding up.

So this person with shared cM of 104 at ancestry has to be a fairly close relative. Guessing 3rd cousin. He has given me info but isn't very friendly and not as helpful as most I talk to. When looking at the census of some of his great...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sara291
    started a topic 3 cousin match

3 cousin match

Found a 3rd cousin match for my children according to ancestry. 104 cM across 7 segments. He gave me his grandparents names and with that I was able to figure out his great grandparents and many of his great great grandparents. A few lines going back quite a few generations. However none of the surnames...
    See more | Go to post

• Sara291
    started a topic How to make the most out of a closer match?

How to make the most out of a closer match?

My son has 77 "4th cousins or closer" my daughter is too young to test but both are at FTDNA. My son has 4 3-4th cousins. Two are from my side and two from the biological fathers side. Many of the 77 are from my side or from their Swedish line on their bio father's side so overall isn't helpful....
    See more | Go to post

• No it only shows up to the 67 test for this person.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Upgraded to y 67 and did get one result

My son has zero at the 37 marker, 12 at the 25 marker and TONS at the 12 marker. Upgraded to the 67 test and he does have one at the 67 marker which is cool but with a genetic distance of 7. I for the life of me can't find the the page explaining the distances that I used to find very helpful. It is...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Sara291; 28 August 2016, 10:29 AM.
Working...
X