Collapse
24 results in 0.0055 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Colleen D
    replied to Teasing out ethnicity
    I am so sorry I missed your post! I was just meandering through, wondering if there is a nugget somewhere. I was wondering if she had a Welsh parent. I have a friend who is Welsh and so swarthy! It made me wonder so I was wondering if anyone here had mentioned that.

I couldn't get him...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    Ahhh a paper trail (envy). Though I should be happy I have a really clear paper trail for 1/4 of my lineage that goes way back. So that's something....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    Thanks keigh. Don't worry, I am. But when things are a mystery, there's some fun in teasing it out.

It's funny how much results changed with the change, isn't it? And how many people have findings that no longer match their paper trail? It must be frustrating for them. In a way my situation...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    Thanks - that's great advice and very appreciated!

I have been in touch with a fair few of them and the results have been disappointing. Even ones that come back a match aren't really when we compare in GEDMatch. ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    Thanks. I think I misspoke. I've never thought there was any Indian/South Asian - just that she was born in a community where there was a big South Asian population and if not FN maybe but it wasn't really ever a real thought.

Thanks for wading in and sorry if you feel like I wasted your...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    So... that's part of what made me test! Even though we were told First Nations, there were two big immigrations in her city at the time - one was Turkish.

It's not impossible at all. And again, would fit with my sister's - and what DNA land is giving me. I would expect to be a 1/4 to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    Thanks Lab.

Here are those results:

Population
    Pygmy -
    West-Asian 8.17
    North-European-Mesolithic 4.61
    Indo-Tibetan -
    Mesoamerican -
    Arctic-Amerind -
    South-America_Amerind -
    Indian 0.66
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    Thanks Lab.

I'm happy to share- might help me AND might help someone else. I've been playing on GEDMatch for about a year and don't feel like I get it so if someone wants to share what they know about my results... I'm in!

DNA Land gave me 100% Eurasian.
    Northwest...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    I completely forgot about DNA Land. Their results are much closer to my old FF. So, I'm thinking the dark skin tone is something a bit more exotic than we've believed!

Exciting.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Funny thing - I'd completely forgotten about DNA Land. Those results also match GEDMatch and (more closely) to my sister's.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That is exactly my problem right now. I am a newbie to this and I don't have my history which is why I did the test! I thought it would be great to find out something about my ancestry/ethnic heritage.

My Haplogroup is of next to no help (there aren't many of us in it!). I have zero...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    Thanks keigh! My Origins (like so many people's, I'm reading) have just changed. Previously they had a significant amount of something else that fit with my sisters... West Asian, I think. With her Hap being H21, her results suggest West Asia/Caucus as well. It's weird that she and I have different...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    Thanks Travers. I must have misspoke. I know it's not through my father's side. He's Irish, Irish, and more Irish.
    I was thinking it might be from her fathers's side though.

The chance of convincing her to take a DNA test is zero. We're talking about someone who isn't willing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    Thanks Jerry. Sorry, I'm feeling kind of thick because I'm not sure what you're saying... My mom was born in an urban area with a significant FN population so it's the logical thing for the nurses to have thought but if there's something else you think I should be looking at, please let me know!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Colleen D
    Thanks to both of you.

My sister tested through Oxford Ancestors. We are believed to have the same mother. We both look like her and in our childhood, people believed we were twins.

I had no idea that Gedmatch is *just* autosomal. My Grandmother was sure that my mom's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X