No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
10 results in 0.0125 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I have two mtDNA matches that have 1 genetic distance. One whom is adopted so doesn't have a tree, the other who has a tree going back several maternal generations. What do you mean by checking the subclade? My mtDNA is K1a2a. I'm trying to use DNA to find my grandmother's birth parents. I think I've...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NWHoosier
    replied to Family Finder
    Thanks Bob I appreciate your response. I will check out the family finder information you suggested. yes, it's going to be very hard. I do have the surname of my Grandmother, Green. But I don't know if this was her mother's surname or father or just made up. Going to be very difficult, yes. I've already...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NWHoosier
    started a topic Family Finder

Family Finder

I have a match that says she is between my 2nd and 4th cousin. Her shared cm is 80, most of my other matches for 2nd-4th cousins is in the 40's to 60's. What does this mean? None of her surnames match mine, trying to locate my grandmother's ancestry who was adopted. Thanks? When does the shared cm denote...
    See more | Go to post

• NWHoosier
    started a topic Autosomal Match

Autosomal Match

So I've done matches on GEDmatch. I have a person who matches on chromosome 6. It's 39cM, 8317SNP's. So....are we closely related? She's in a different part of the country than most of my family is from, however I know nothing of my grandmother's genealogy, she was adopted. Do I spend the time going...
    See more | Go to post

• NWHoosier
    replied to Build 36/37 autosomal and x chromosome
    Thank you for the explanation!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NWHoosier
    replied to Build 36/37 autosomal and x chromosome
    I think I just found the answer, I need to do Build 36 for both x and autosomal. I'm not sure what the 36 and 37 mean though
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NWHoosier
    started a topic Build 36/37 autosomal and x chromosome

Build 36/37 autosomal and x chromosome

I'm wanting to upload my x chromosome and autosomal chromosome raw data to GEDmatch. Why am I given the options of

Build 36 or Build 37 x and autosomal chromosome raw data?

I'm a male, I have one x chromosome. what's the difference between 36 and 37 and do I need to upload...
    See more | Go to post

• NWHoosier
    replied to mtDNA matches need explained
    Thank you, I think I understand that. I thought since the option was HVR1,HVR2, coding region he was a match on all 3. So he's really not a close match at all then correct? I should concentrate on my HVR1,HVR2 matches then?

Thanks
    Lee
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NWHoosier
    started a topic mtDNA matches need explained

mtDNA matches need explained

On my mtDNA i have one match when selecting HVR1,HVR2 and coding regions.

The match has genetic distance of 3, match persons name, he did FMS, haplogroup K1a2a. So what does this mean? Also, why if I only select HVR1,HVR2 results does this match disappear, how can he match on all three,...
    See more | Go to post

• NWHoosier
    replied to What does FF mean with Y matches?
    So I have a match on my mtDNA results and it says
    Genetic Distance Name mtDNA Haplogroup
    3 William Ralph Wright FMS K1a2a

What does the genetic distance mean? We match 3 generations back? And what does...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X