10 results in 0.0082 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Ludie
    replied to Blank ancestral information
    Blank ancestral information

I can see you have your good reasons. Especially keeping living people private. I only uploaded deceased. Have only had one person tell me I needed to sign up for the database that shares across FamilySearch, Ancestry, etc. Fine. Didn't want her for a relative...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ludie

Thank you for the input. Being a newbie I'm still finding my way around the forums. That said my answer to someone expecting pinpoint origins with DNA should have done their research on the process before they tried DNA. That said I wonder if the majority...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ludie

I would believe that if it weren't so many. More likely I guess they either don't know how to or prefer/scared to show any "personal" information online.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ludie
    Bank ancestral info

What kind of test is that? I have two "grandmas" that are brick walls. My very very best match gave adopted parent name in the information I later learned after 2nd conversation. Once I learned his real father's name someone had it back into the 1600s...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ludie
    Blank ancestry information

Oh I agree. I have been surprised to find the matches that have proven out have been on my father's side maternal lines. I'd been led to believe it would only be on my maternal lines. So that was a nice benefit.

But my peeve is for people who...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ludie
    Issues with matchdes & no ancestral information

All of those reasons may be true. However I'm not talking about a couple but the majority. Just makes no sense to me.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 2nd-4th cousins with origins not of my background

Perhaps someone can explain to me how a 2nd-4th cousin with Scandinavian or eastern European origins or others that don't fit with my Scots-Irish, English,Welsh ancestry. I was told it could be from 500 years back but how does that work with 2nd-4th cousins?
    See more | Go to post

• Ludie
    started a topic Blank ancestral information

It seems the majority of the results I have give no information whatsoever. What's the point of having your DNA done if you don't provide anything to match up to others with. Or "private trees". Maybe someone can explain this kind of thinking -it's beyond me.
    See more | Go to post

• Ludie
    started a topic Matching 2nd-3rd cousins mtDNA

Matching 2nd-3rd cousins mtDNA

I have an mtDNA match for a 2nd-3rd cousin. I'm new to this program. I can't find where we would have a connection at all by following my maternal line & his. There's no surnames that are even familiar. Shouldn't we connect on our great grandmothers (maternal lines)? Or is there another opt...
    See more | Go to post

• Beginner having trouble finding & understanding

#1. I'm getting e-mails saying I have new results. But when I click on the "world" icon & it runs through the 3 levels messages comes up 'no matches'. Another time I'll get 2 pages of matches.
    #2. Is zero the closest match? Larry at FT told me that could be as far away as 26...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X