No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
40 results in 0.0165 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I have looked again at my FF results and my nearest relative ( classed as a second cousin to forth cousin) has a 0.00% chance of sharing a common relative with me in over 20 generations!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• family finder and second to fourth cousins

I have recently received the results for my family finder. What within a range of relationships does second to fourth cousins actually mean ; is it the same as if I had a second cousin ie my cousins children for a second cousin etc?
    See more | Go to post

• exactness of fourth (remote) cousin

I have recently completed a family finder test. A fourth remote cousin has been thrown up and in real terms I do not know what the relationship might be. We are the same haplogroup (r- m269)on the Y side , but he is L3e3b on the maternal side - i am unsure what MT haplogroup I have. The amount of chromosomal...
    See more | Go to post

• owain
    replied to cut to the chase
    Hi BBA64. The problem I have is that the fathers name is listed as 'unknown' and my birth mother has had a stroke and is in a vegetative state. It is more than possible that the father was not even aware of the pregnancy. I am not selling myself short - there is not much that I can't master when I put...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• owain
    No MrW you didn't. I crossed the line between being tired and taking out on people who were trying to help. Sorry.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• owain
    Adoption : the gift that keeps on giving!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• owain
    There seems to be a touch of hostility to the fact that I lack a fascination for genetics and to be honest W.(MR) if this annoys you then stop replying to me. Please,I don't want to start some huge on-line feud. This is a forum for adopted people or those affected by adoption and I would suggest that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• owain
    Wow that was like someone dumped their post doctoral thesis notes on me and then had a little debate with another post grad! I think I get what you are saying ; 12 and 25 are maybe, all very well , as long as I had a name and then I could trace everything forward - eventually, maybe. What exactly, in...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• owain
    thanks for that , I really was not sure what that signified ( the YDNA67 next to the tip). So you think that the 12 and 25 markers are not really relevant , despite the overwhelming numbers?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• owain
    With the Olivers there are lots of 0 distance at 12 markers, 3 two distance at 25 markers and 3 0ne distance at 25 markers. With the Tollivers there are 3 at two distance on the 25 marker and two at one distance on the 25 marker. I do have one other name, albeit a very common one. I have a one distance...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• owain
    he was mixed race or whatever the truth of that , he was 'passing through'- in every sense. So there is no point looking for matches in the area . In fact , no-one is certain of the area. I have tested to 37 , but I will check the name and see what markers we match at.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• owain
    Just checked the oliver study group. On the green part which seems to be Irish:
    panel 1 - matched the exact value.
    panel 2 - one off three times.
    panel 3 - one off 3 times , two off once and 4 off on DYS570cdy.

What does this mean?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• owain
    I will have a look at the Tolliver project just out of curiosity , but I think that I might wait for my Family Finder results, so that I can get a bit more of a precise match, if one is available. The random e-mailing of strangers that share my DNA is starting to feel a bit 'stalkey'!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• owain
    Tolliver/oliver

Tolliver appears 14 times and Oliver another six , I might be stretching it a bit but I have assumed that Oliver is an Anglicization of the first name- if there had only been a few I would have discounted them. They are also quite varied in YDNA range and distance. Any...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• owain
    ec1970

Thanks ec1970. I followed your instructions. The first 2 names on the list were the same, but there was the same distance of 0 from all the other YDNA12 matches and there were about 20 sheets of 0 distance in total. Interestingly there were another 11 names which appeared again...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X