Search Result

Collapse
18 results in 0.0068 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• DanD
    started a topic New, Missing, Combined - why all different?

New, Missing, Combined - why all different?

I have seen threads where people have lost multiple areas on My Origin and been reduced to one place, where people do not match their parents or children, and people where they have completely different results appear that were not there before. I am adding on my complaint wondering what has changed....
    See more | Go to post

• DanD
    replied to Father and Son no Clusters in Common
    if it makes you feel better...

If it makes you feel better, I have no idea where my Scandinavia is and not sure why I have southern European and neither of my parents do. In the previous version, my mother had no British Isles and I did not show the British Isles however my father had...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Matches I have, Neither Parent DOES NOT

I am just wondering why I have 140 matches neither of my parents have in the family finder. I extracted both files of "not in common with" searches from each of my parents who have been tested. Sorted on excel for duplicates and there are 140 of them. This seems incredible high for random...
    See more | Go to post

• I have a feeling the same is happening with mine. As I try and map out the relations, I was doubting that I had the most recent common ancestor correct on the couple I was able to find but they all are ones that eventually had the
    1st cousin marriage with this line....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It does. It just makes it harder if I hadn't had my parents tested because it seems like it moves me into a less accurate category than from what I am seeing as the split up of the two from my parents. What makes it even more confusing is that my mom should be closer to 50% Native American as her Father...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DanD
    started a topic What is the Margin of Error in My Origins??

What is the Margin of Error in My Origins??

So why did this happen?

So compared to my parents, my "my origins" results are

Me
    ----European 94%
    Western and Central Europe 62%
    Scandinavia 13%
    Eastern Europe 12%
    Finland and Northern Siberia 7%
    ----New World 5%...
    See more | Go to post

• DanD
    replied to How does this happen??!
    This makes it a pretty big % of error of at least 6% give or take. I thought they were supposed to be closer than that since most people say to ignore the relevance of below 1% outcomes. Other than me wanting to believe their info is correct in some ways, FTDNA may as well just say "here is your...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DanD
    started a topic How does this happen??!

How does this happen??!

So compared to my parents, my "my origins" results for me are
    Me
    ----European 94%
    Scandinavia 13%
    Eastern Europe 12%
    ----New World 5%
    Native American 5%
    ----Central/South...
    See more | Go to post

• Thanks for your reply. It makes sense but I wish they would figure out better ways dealing with the data. As in my last post...I have more Finland and Northern Siberia than both my parents combined. Is there an explanation for this?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• To add onto original post...

I just received my mother's origin results.

----European 81%
    Eastern Europe 41%
    Scandinavia 31%
    Western and Central Europe 7%
    Southern Europe 2%
    ----New World
    Native American 11%
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you very much. That makes sense. I guess that is a benefit to getting as many family members tested as you can. It at least opened up new paths for me to try and find a paper trail for. The hard part is finding the common ancestor. Of the many people on here (closest are 2-4 cousins)I am having...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DanD
    started a topic Y Test Matches Disappeared

Y Test Matches Disappeared

I have a list of lots of Y DNA matches for 25 and 12 markers but none up to the 37 markers I have tested. No Surname matches at that level either. I did have some surname matches at 12 markers (doesn't really matter much at that level) however, now I check and the 8 or so I had are no longer in the...
    See more | Go to post

• Parents Have More My Origins Results

So compared to my father, my "my origins" results for me are
    Me
    European 94%
    Scandinavia 13%
    Eastern Europe 12%
    New World 5%
    Native American 5%
    Central/South...
    See more | Go to post

• Parents have matches I don't have FF

I recently talked my parents into getting their autosomal done to include with mine. So far just my father's has been posted and if I go onto his account and filter the matches by "not in common with" me, he has 33 pages of people that do not show up in my FF results. I am sure this is part...
    See more | Go to post

• DanD
    replied to Native DNA
    Thanks for the info. Sadly, I wanted 23andme but alas, I am in Maryland and they do not allow us to .

If anyone else has some feedback as well, I love as much as I can get. I am a data person, hence trying to learn about the DNA....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X