25 results in 0.0191 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• IslaMel
    started a topic Wish there was Origin Info for FF Matches

Wish there was Origin Info for FF Matches

I do not know who my maternal GGF was. I suspect that he is the mysterious Iberian/SE European in my results. Having that easily "clickable" would make this so much easier--especially since so many people don't bother to put up surnames or trees.
    See more | Go to post

• IslaMel
    started a topic Matches on Several Chromosomes

Matches on Several Chromosomes

I have a new match on GEDMATCH that does not have a GEDCOM loaded. I compared his kit to mine and I see matches on several chromosomes. He was a mystery to me. Later, he contacted my father when he saw the match because he is the son of my grandmother's cousin. Could the number of matches mean he...
    See more | Go to post

• Chromosome Matching on GEDMATCH

I have a question about matching more than one time on the same chromosome. What does it mean? On GEDMATCH I am finding people who appear to be related to me on several branches of my tree. Here is one example:

Chr Start Location End Location...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Most of my families were colonial. I have a few brick walls though. I am English, Scottish, Irish, Danish, Swedish, Swiss, German, French and a smear of Native American on paper. I think one of my ancestors in Nova Scotia had an English Mail Order Bride back in the day.

I did not have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• IslaMel
    replied to Frustrating
    My 2nd, 3rd and 4th FF matches with the most shared cM do not answer my e-mails. One of them I am dying to get some info from and....nothing....Sometimes I wonder if these people are still alive.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• IslaMel
    replied to Batch 601
    Yay!

I got my results and a response from my inquiry about them being late. Apparently they had to re-run them. I turned out to be a I1a1a with a rare varient--T15184C. So maybe that's why??
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• IslaMel
    started a topic I1a1a Question

I1a1a Question

So on paper, my maternal line is all English. I have traced it to 1560 and Lancashire England. However, my results just came back as I1a1a. Do you think I took a wrong turn somewhere with my research? So confused...
    See more | Go to post

• IslaMel
    replied to Batch 601
    There has been no reply to my inquiry, but I got an update today.

03/25/2015 - 04/08/2015

An increased demand for our testing has caused unexpected delays. We understand your frustration in not receiving your results as anticipated. We appreciate your patience as we work...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• IslaMel
    replied to Batch 601
    Interesting. So what's the holdup for the rest of us? Going to ask now......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• IslaMel
    replied to Batch 601
    Yep. Still waiting.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Still waiting on my MtDNA (Batch 601)...I forgot to mention that on paper I am Irish, Scottish, French, English, German, Swedish, Swiss a smidgen Native American, and Danish. I don't know who my maternal great-grandfather was so I have a big question mark about some of these other results.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I forgot to mention that on paper I am Irish, Scottish, French, French Canadian, English, German, Swedish, Swiss, a smidgen Native American, and Danish. I don't know who my maternal great-grandfather was so I have a big question mark about some of these other results.

Eurogenes EUtest...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Comparing my kit and F999937 (NE1, Hungary, 7.2ky)

Minimum threshold size to be included in total = 300 SNPs
    Mismatch-bunching Limit = 150 SNPs
    Minimum segment cM to be included in total = 3.0 cM

Chr Start Location End Location Centimorgans (cM) SNPs...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• IslaMel
    replied to Batch 601
    Tenn4ever I didn't mean to be inconsiderate. I am aware that people are waiting for batches ahead of 601. I certainly don't feel that my batch is any more important than those. This is the Grumbles and Gripes section, is it not? I thought posting the dates might help someone in the later batches...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by IslaMel; 12 February 2015, 05:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IslaMel
    started a topic Batch 601

Batch 601

Still waiting for my results from 601. I got my FF results back on 1/07/15. Now showing a delay with new dates of 02/11/2015 - 02/25/2015.
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X