No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
7 results in 0.0057 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

replied to 2nd Cousin Match - need guidance!!
    Thank you all for the responses!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

started a topic 2nd Cousin Match - need guidance!!

2nd Cousin Match - need guidance!!

Hello Everyone:
    I am an adoptee trying to piece some information together. I have come across two 2nd cousin matches ( a mother/son combo)
    Please see the below bullets:

1) Counting only cMs equal to or greater than 7, the son rated at 176.7 and the mother at 192.0
    See more | Go to post

started a topic DNA Matches

DNA Matches

So, two matches I have been linked to is the following and being a neophyte, I could use some enlightening:

1) Son is matching at approx. 180 cMs. Identified as a 2nd cousin

2) His mother is matching at approx. 192 cMs and is being identified as either a 2nd cousin or a...
    See more | Go to post

replied to Seeking Some Assistance w/Results
    I have taken the y-111 test, the full mtdna test and the family finder test.

1) the y-111 test - 3 matches at the 3 distance (37 level), multiple 2 distance matches (25 level) and many "0" at the 12 level

2) mtdna - about 9 "0" distance matches
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

started a topic Seeking Some Assistance w/Results

Seeking Some Assistance w/Results

I have my three tests completed (YDNA, MTDNA and FF). What I am asking in this post is perhaps someone who is knowledgeable in interpreting data to initially help me formulate something to go forward on ( I have 2-3 close matches). This would also include quite a bit of Q & A so that as time goes...
    See more | Go to post

started a topic CMs and shared segmen

CMs and shared segmen

finally have all my tests completed and I'm most interested in the family finder presently.
    My questions to the FTDNA community are:
    1) What level of CMs begin to seperate the wheat from the chaff?
    2) is it more important for more shared segments at less CMs or fewer segments shared...
    See more | Go to post

started a topic Distance Markers

Distance Markers

Hello All:
    Being a neophyte when comes to the DNA world, I was wondering if the genetic distance markers hold the same value in determining relationship with maternal testing as with the yDNA model. I have several maternal matches with "0" genetic distance but only a handful of threes...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X