Collapse
14 results in 0.0090 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• mcornejo
    replied to V5 Chip
    I tested in 23andme and was not able to import their V5 chip raw results in FTDNA. I went on the new GEDmatch tool, Genesis, where I have imported my FTDNA Family Finder results, uploaded 23andme V5 results, and when comparing to my FTDNA FF kit, the "Overlap" field returns a value of 159,751,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mcornejo
    started a topic R1b Iberian - Project Admin

R1b Iberian - Project Admin

Now that Doug Holmes has been ousted by FTDNA management, is there any benefit in staying in this project? Doug Holmes was co-admin and he helped me grow the R-DF79 branch, by encouraging me in contacting my best Y-DNA matches to test and I gladly contributed towards the cost of some of those tests....
    See more | Go to post

• mcornejo
    replied to Current FF batch #?
    Batche 740

Been waiting mtDNA results from batch 740 for a long time now. Estimated completion date keeps moving forward ...any clues as to why this happens and is FTDNA doing anything reasonable to expedite processing?

Cheers!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• @The_Contemplator thank you for sharing the link to the Q&A section in FTDNA's website. I stand corrected.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks to all for your comments. I contacted them through Support and even through their Facebook page, they replied (3 days ago) apologizing and informing they will send the kits through FedEx at no cost. As usual I asked them for the tracking number, but am yet to receive it.

There...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mcornejo
    started a topic Wrong Shipment, Wrong Price, Wrong Address

Wrong Shipment, Wrong Price, Wrong Address

Dear FTDNA

I purchased 2 kits (544879 and 544880), to be sent to El Salvador via FedEx, hence I paid extra $35 on top of $12.95 you charge for international shipping which at some point your customer support told me is to "cover the materials of the kit" (despite the order summary...
    See more | Go to post

• Darren,

I am one of those affected due to the mtDNA FMS matches not working. I got your message and am really disappointed. On top of that I see today the news about FTDNA and GEDMATCH, what's next?, YFULL, YTREE?

There are no news about BAM files either. Please do tell...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi Ann, thank you for your comment. Below I am commenting to each of your points.

- "Extra" mutations generally refer to ones not used to define a haplogroup. Are you saying that your RSRS results show such a large number?

*Yes, the count of extra mutations is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hello Ann,

Thanks for suggesting James Lick's tool. The results in that tool confirm B2d and extra mutations. Perhaps B2d is a haplogroup without a large amount of samples in FTDNA and hence the reason why there were no matches and so many mutations?

Results from JL's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• B2d but 24 extra mutations and 1 missing

Hi, I submitted my wife's sample for FMS and FF, the mtDNA haplogroup according to FTDNA is B2d, there are no matches at all. The FMS results show 24 extra mutations and 1 missing mutation.

I downloaded the FASTA file and ran it through other tool/database available online, Human Mitochondrial...
    See more | Go to post

• Update as of 8-Feb - So according to my cousin, the results are fine and do not show heteroplasmy, therefore FTDNA should not be reporting a Genetic Distance of 3 between the two kits (mother and son).

FTDNA customer support confirmed, on 28-Jan, that it seems an error in their system,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mcornejo
    replied to genetic distance
    Hi, I am experiencing a similar issue after receiving my mother's FMS results, which yield a GD of 3 against my FMS results, with 3 additional extra mutations and 0 shared matches for my mother's kit as opposed to a few matches resulting for my kit. My mother's results were posted on December 15....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi thanks for sharing the resources to find out about heteroplasmy, which if I understood correctly, then there are no indications suggesting it. However to validate it, I've sent the results to my cousin who happens to be a geneticist.

I will post his comments on this forum, once I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• GD3 for Mother and Son after Full mtDNA Sequence

Hi, I've done a FMS for my mother and I, the reported haplogroup for both is L3e2a1b1, but in the list of matches our Genetic Distance (GD) is reported as 3. I am her only match, while I've got few more matches, out of which one is reported with a GD of 2.

While reviewing the RSRS results,...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X