No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
67 results in 0.0120 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• The same result has posted for my test in Batch 587, (panels 25 & 37 completed) and at least one other person (see RondaMiller's post earlier today). Is your test also in Batch 587? It seems suspicious to me... I'll be contacting customer support if the 12 marker results don't show up by Mon...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I also have a Y-37 test in Batch 587 that is now showing panels 25 and 37 are complete. Like your son's - the 12 panel is not finished yet, and no predicted Haplogroup has been posted. I'm glad I read your post, or would have missed this update!

This does seem unusual to get results...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The same thing happened with my batch 573 test, and it was really stressing me out. The worst part was seeing later batches posting results, but no one was communicating about the ones left behind. FTDNA has the worst customer service I have ever experienced! Then I finally received my results one...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• familylegend
    replied to Batch 573
    Failed

The failure rate seems higher than they will admit, but in the FAQ section, it does say 10-15% of tests fail on the first run. Also, it seems they don't talk to each other, or the lab, or the customer. It took several phone calls on my part until they finally put my test at the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• familylegend
    replied to Batch 577
    Batch 573

My matches showed up within the last few hours (so approx. 24 hours from the ethnicity results in myOrigins). Now I can finally get to work comparing my cousin's FF matches in batch 573 with my own to isolate that family line.

The agony is over for me, and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• familylegend
    replied to Batch 577
    I meant to ask: Does anyone know how long it will take to get FF results with my cousin matches?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• familylegend
    replied to Batch 577
    My ethnicity results came in "myOrigins" yesterday too. Does anyone know how look it will take to get FF results with my cousin matches? I was able to upload the raw data files to GEDmatch and do some comparisons... YAY!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Loudam, the strange thing was that they finally posted an update on my "Awaiting Lab Results" page yesterday to reflect 3-4 weeks (instead of the 1-2 weeks that had been there for 7 weeks). There was also a note about the delay with possible reasons - which was a "canned" letter...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• familylegend
    replied to Batch 573
    MyOrigins Results are in!

Hallelujah, "MyOrigins" for Batch 573 Family Finder test just came in today! From past posts, I understand that the dna matches will soon follow...

Oh, I'm so relieved to see some results (which took 8 weeks)!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• familylegend
    replied to Batch 577
    I think the failures are totally random, and there must be a bug in their testing system that has not been identified. The failure rate was quoted as less than 2% of all family finder tests, but that number is contradicted by one of their own staff in the FAQ under "DNA Testing Process"....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I called the helpdesk again to check the status of my re-run FF test from Batch 573. Previously I was told that a new sample was extracted on July 9th, and results should be out by July 30th if it passes QC. Now I'm being told that it is still in testing, and will probably be another 3-4 weeks! I'm...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• loudam, that's good to finally know what happened with your test! What a breakdown in communications at ftdna!! So probably, your first test was re-run and analyzed, and must have failed again. So they should be on the 2nd extraction now.

I have not heard back from my contact yet,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• loudam, I hope to hear back tomorrow from my contact at ftdna, and then will ask about your test. It's terrible to be left in the dark, just wondering what happened. I'll let you know what she says.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My ETA has remained at 1-2 weeks for the last 6 weeks! At least you know someone is paying attention to your test by adjusting the wait time... I sure hope ftdna goes back to the old system, giving an actual date, rather than this ambiguous weekly method that only makes people more frustrated!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Yes, you can find the haplogroup's data from the ftdna page: on the tool bar, select "My Projects", then "Join" - this will bring you to a page with project categories. Scroll down to "Y-DNA Haplogroup Projects" and select "G". The last group is "G Uncategorized"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X