Collapse
334 results in 0.1499 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• DWFlineage
    replied to V12
    There is also a V mtdna project at the FTDNA website. There could be more people that are V12 in the project, and they might have a good genealogy.

Happy Hunting, Doug...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DWFlineage
    replied to V12
    My mtdna haplogroup is V19; which is downstream of V12, just read a few papers that indicate V12 found in Germany? I have successfully traced my paternal line a thousand years back to Romerike, Norway. I have read where V19 has Sammi roots in Sweden.

Best regards, Doug...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Your making progress; just remember it can take time; its like a puzzle; and you will see how the puzzle pieces fit together as you confirm your paternal line & other branches.

Best regards, Doug...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• In my "new snp" thread you probably read through my success there. My paternal 8th cousin & 4th cousin both tested positive for BY17958, FT53643, FT53647, but they all tested negative for FT54076, but my 3rd cousin 1x removed(John) tested positive for FT54076. This is where my genealogy...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The "tip" is only a guide, it has been somewhat helpful in my experience, but it is only a guide. There are many variables that come into play especially in regard to strs; for example two brothers could have different results on the same str; maybe that is the case with your allele "16"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I get that. Glad I am being of some help to you. I have learned a lot over the past 11 years, so just passing on what I have experienced. You are making headway.

Best regards, Doug...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It can be a mind blower. I copied & pasted this below regarding the difference between str's & snps:

STRs and SNPs

There are two primary differences between STRs and SNPS relative to genealogy.

"The first difference is that STR mutations are what I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• [QUOTE=htb;n329111]No, this is another cousin, I think he's hooked up to JAMES MOORE GOVERNOR of "CAROLINA". JAMES had 6 sons, and 4 came to NC, and I think 2 came closer to where my family was living in HERTFORD//BERTIE Co., NC. The "TIP" at the TOP, that I first started with, is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Your making progress even though you do not see it now. Is your close cousin the 4th/5th cousin you mentioned to me? "I have a "CLOSE COUSIN" at A12144 (same as me). I go to BY106458, HE goes to A12141." If you know what common ancestor you share, you know when the split to A121141...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DWFlineage
    replied to 111 Markers "TIP"!!!
    Interesting, well then your 4/5th cousin is your best choice then. My paternal 4th cousin & paternal 3rd cousin 1x removed both did snp testing, and we were able to identify matching & non matching snps, and I was able to confirm a specific snp that mutated with my paternal 2nd great-grandfather....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DWFlineage
    Good idea to have your 4th/5th cousin do the Big Y 700 or if possible someone closer like 1st cousin or even great nephew.

Best regards, Doug...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DWFlineage
    I got the 105/111 from what you said, "THEN, this MOORE came into my 111 markers, "6" markers off. " The ydna marker tests will not tell you your terminal snp; only the Big Y 700 will do that.

Best regards, Doug...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DWFlineage
    My confirmed 13th cousin, matches me 108/111, but it is hard to confirm common paternal ancestors just by ydna testing. This person that matches you 105/111, have they done Big Y 700 testing? If you both do the Big Y 700 testing that might be helpful; but if you have a closer paternal relative like...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DWFlineage
    replied to Big Y SNP mutation rate
    Just tried that, "Show All" in the "Derived" column, no results for either of those two snps that my great-nephew has and I do not. His paternal great-grandfather was my birth father, so there is 3 generations in between us. I have one unnamed snp variant that he does not have. I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DWFlineage
    It is difficult to confirm exactly who the common ancestor is without a confirmed paternal line ancestry. In my case, I am fortunate; because my confirmed 8th cousin worked in his spare time for forty years to confirm 30 generations of his paternal line; we share the same 7th great-grandfather, who...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X