No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
134 results in 0.0436 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I had just presumed that the new prefixes were just part of an exercise to prevent the kit numbers rising and rising to the point where it would be more and more probable that people would eventually be given unwieldly kit numbers that could cause problems when they are keyed in.

If it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I was able to use it too for a friend's kit as he was having problems uploading - thanks!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    replied to First 1,000
    I co-admin a geographic project in Northern Ireland. The vast majority of people with predominantly Irish heritage get between 3,000 and 4,500 matches with family finder - a few have over 5,000 now. In England 1,000-2,000 matches appears to be more usual.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    replied to Current FF batch #?
    Batch 782 and some 783 have just came through in the last few hours, plenty more 783 to come though in my project.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    replied to Cousin matches in my and son's DNA
    The paternal and maternal icons only appear when you successfully link someone to your tree.

If your son matches your cousin on his maternbal side then either you have linked him to your son's tree in the wrong place or your son has a clear match with the cousin on his maternal side and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    Just checked my project and some of batches 753, 754 and 755 have come through this evening. I hope that helps!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    replied to Phasing
    Thanks for your clear reply but I understand all of that.

I didn't make this clear in my last posts but I share many segments with both my uncles on both their maternal and paternal side - I have strong matches to their paternal and maternal cousins and also match a variety of 2nd, 3rd...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    replied to Phasing
    The lack of purple phasing I am referring to is on my two uncles accounts not on mine where they simply appear as maternal (to me).

I match one of my uncles maternal 1st cousins and one of my uncles paternal 1st cousins for matches of 422cMs and 415cMs (my 1st cousins 1R) therefore I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    replied to Phasing
    Thanks for the reponses. I thought maybe there was a total CM size threshold to be met before phasing happened however as phasing should be based on segments I don't know what is going on here.

With the same account I am having another problem with phasing. Whilst most of my phasing is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    replied to Phasing
    Yes, once one of the people has added a tree to their account and they are indeed linked as brother and sister.

Why has only one of these phased maternal?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    752 and 753 currently appearing!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    started a topic Phasing

Phasing

I have two questions about the maternal and paternal phasing on family finder.

Firstly, when will this be extended to include phasing against people further out on the tree than 3rd cousins?

Secondly I recently received matches from two siblings who match me at the same...
    See more | Go to post

• Lucky
    replied to Chromosome Browser Help
    Hi Sally,

The answer to your first question is yes, you are related through different ancestors.

You have to see the matches 'stack up' at the same point to see a confirmed common ancestor (as on chromo 1). The second part of this process is to check the matrix to ensure...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    replied to Small X match valid?
    It could be that the x match is a small segment that has travelled down through a completely different ancestor as sometimes x segments can survive for many many generations. So for that reason ignore it in this case, it doesn't negate the match you are working on.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    replied to Trying to order Y-67 test
    If you had selected a different billing address to delivery address then you could have very easily sent the kit directly to your brother and paid for it yourself. I have done it a number of times.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X