Collapse
19 results in 0.0048 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• ShariS
    replied to Gedmatch "F" Prefix Matches
    To clarify a little, matches with shared segments under 20 cM will show up at FTDNA, but only if they have enough other segments (even if it's just 1 cM segments) to bring the total amount shared up to 20 cM.

(So, I have 18 cM matches that don't show up here but 8 cM ones that do. Likewise,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShariS
    replied to Batch 626 FF
    Batch 614, too

Same here, Roberta. Batch 614 for FF and yet another delay.

While most of my many testing experiences at FTDNA (autosomal, yDNA, mtDNA) have been okay-to-positive, I'm starting to be reminded of the time a few years ago when everyone's autosomal transfers...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShariS
    replied to Batch 563
    Yay - my results are in as of 5/29, Houston/FTDNA time. Hmm, should I wake my husband up to tell him that he has one coding region match (with a distance of 2)?

I had to laugh at myself because when I logged in and saw the haplogroup designation, I honestly thought FTDNA was just as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It's not unusual for people to be related multiple ways. (I can't begin to count the number of times at Ancestry.com where the leaf hint has ended up not being where the actual DNA connection lies.) If your father has colonial ancestry on both sides, you might expect to see more of this in the future....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShariS
    replied to Batch 563
    Thanks for the update! When did you order your test, by the way?

My 4/1 test has also switched to 2-4 weeks with the explanation you quoted. Here's hoping that all of us in this boat will get a nice surprise soon.

(And fingers crossed that this test's probably inevitable...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• What's even worse is when that 19.9 cM segment shows up for Person A thanks to a little extra noise, but it doesn't show up for Person A's mother, even though that's where the match is (as shown at GEDmatch or 23andMe, etc.). That can lead to some very dangerous assumptions about connections to matches....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShariS
    replied to 5th Cousins
    The church records do go back that far*, and if you and the match are both family historians/genealogists, you will probably eventually find several connections to your matches, especially if you look for patterns in the ancestry of people who all match on the same segment and who match each other....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShariS
    replied to How many opted out of MyOrigins?
    Or it sounds like "things will crash or present messy interface problems if we try to load all thousand matches in that wee, floating MyOrigins box."

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShariS
    replied to Batch 563
    How they can remain so oblivious to good communication is downright bizarre.

I had/have two mtDNA FMS tests in this batch, both from samples already on file. One was ordered on 3/31, the other on 4/1 about 20 hours later. The results for the 3/31 order came in on Friday. The 4/1 order...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The short matches could be on the other side. (Long match is paternal; short matches are maternal, or vice versa. I'm not sure if when you say they match in the same place whether you've determined that they're on the same side.)

Another possibility is that the short matches are showing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• When I first read this, I was all "Whuuhhh?! The Ancestry DNA boards are active and friendly with new threads almost every day on either the Autosomal DNA board or the General Research DNA board or both." There I was, tilting my head like the RCA dog, trying to puzzle out what you said....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShariS
    replied to Batch 505
    I don't remember if I checked yesterday, but as of today (3/20) I can see Dad's 1-12 results. (Unofficially - no email or haplogroup yet.)

Over three weeks ahead of schedule and what I'm seeing is already intriguing. Yip-yip!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• When I transferred my RF file from 23andMe, I was also in "Batch 2."

Meanwhile, I wonder if the transfers really are taking 6-10 weeks, or if that's just outdated wording from the recent delays. I ordered my transfer in November, but it wasn't until December that they stopped...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShariS
    replied to Batch 505
    Just checked and the due dates for Dad's yDNA-37 have all been pushed back nine days: now 4/12, 4/26, and 4/26. Bah!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ShariS
    started a topic Batch 505

Batch 505

Dad's yDNA-37 test:

1-12 Markers 4/3/2013
    13-25 Markers 4/17/2013
    26-37 Markers 4/17/2013
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X