Collapse
200 results in 0.1322 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• AlisonT
    replied to How close is this match?
    Good, that's what I thought. There were many cousin marriages where they came from.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    replied to How close is this match?
    Thanks, that link is very helpful. According to that page, the amount they share should put them in the 2nd cousin/1st cousin twice removed range, rather than 2nd cousins twice removed... but as you say, it's just a range. I guess what I'm wondering is how likely it would be for them to share 224 cM...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    started a topic How close is this match?

How close is this match?

My grandmother recently received her closest match yet. They share 223.97 cM over ten blocks (when looking at 5+ cM), with the longest block being 45.44 cM. Based on the paper trail I believe this match to be my grandmother's second cousin twice removed. But based on the amount of DNA shared, should...
    See more | Go to post

• AlisonT
    started a topic Need help!

Need help!

I also posted this message in the X DNA forum. I really apologize for cross posting, but I'm not sure how many people read that forum and I need some insight on this. If I'm breaking a rule please tell me and I'll delete one of the posts.

My grandfather has a match with whom he shares...
    See more | Go to post

• AlisonT
    started a topic I need some help here

I need some help here

My grandfather has a match with whom he shares 24.9 cM on the X chromosome. They share 109 cM altogether with several large segments on the other chromosomes: 12.8, 10.7, 24.0, 30.2, and 6.7.

This match would have to be related to him through his maternal side - correct? How significant...
    See more | Go to post

• AlisonT
    replied to Found my birth mother!
    Amazing news! Congratulations!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    replied to Do the full MTDNA testing!
    Hi CeCe, sorry, I've only just seen your reply. Here's a little more detail on what happened:

Last year we received non-identifying information about my grandpa's birth mother from Quebec. It was a lot more than we expected. We were able to confirm that she was French Catholic from Quebec...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    replied to My Origins Results......
    Interesting results

Got MyOrigins for maternal grandfather, maternal grandmother, and myself. My grandpa's matches up very well with what we know of his origins and with the other DNA tests he's done.

Mine has me at 96% European (with no coastal plain which I find odd given...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    replied to Do the full MTDNA testing!
    Yes, I agree, but I think it would be very unfortunate if someone chose not to do the test based on the fact that it's less likely to be useful. Y-DNA turned out to be completely useless for my grandfather as he got no matches above 12-markers, but MTDNA provided a breakthrough. You never know!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    started a topic Do the full MTDNA testing!

Do the full MTDNA testing!

My grandpa was adopted and we've been searching for his biological family for years. We have only a bit of non-identifying information about his mother to go on. No names, dates, etc. He's tested with Ancestry, 23&Me, and FTDNA. He's on Gedmatch. At FTDNA he did Family Finder and Y-37 but we held...
    See more | Go to post

• AlisonT
    started a topic H1j

H1j

Any information on this haplogroup? Just got my grandpa's FMS results back and he is H1j. I couldn't find much just by googling, although it seems to be common in Southern France/Northern Spain, and amongst Basques? My grandpa was adopted but we do know that his mother was French Canadian from Quebec...
    See more | Go to post

• AlisonT
    replied to V4 chip
    Can someone tell me what they mean by 'new' tests? Are tests that have been in progress since late November going to be tested with this chip? My dad bought the 23&Me test with the understanding that he could transfer his results to FTDNA. Please don't tell me that won't be the case...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• From my grandpa's sample:

-Y-37
    -Family Finder
    -HVR1

I e-mailed to ask them if he had enough DNA left to upgrade to FMS and was told they would need a new sample.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have to be that annoying person who comes in and reminds everyone that some of these people are adoptees who wish they did have gedcoms to upload. That said, obviously many of them aren't. They either don't want to share, or can't figure out how.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• AlisonT
    replied to Genetic Adam and Eve
    I think it's because fewer men (those with more power/influence/strength/whatever) were able to father a large number of children with multiple women, whereas more women were more likely to produce smaller numbers of children, usually from the same man, which means female lineages remain more diverse...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X