69 results in 0.0189 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• TMontes
    started a topic Changing tester name?

Changing tester name?

Months ago I ordered on sale 4 FTDNA kits. These kits came w odd numbers all numbers are MK????? --5 digits. I used my name on all kits when ordering as I have done in the past when I did not know who I would use them on. I just tried to change the name from me to the person I tested on the first...
    See more | Go to post

• TMontes
    started a topic Now what? R-CTS7204?

Now what? R-CTS7204?

The Big Y just completed with oldest known male being a Mexican soldier, Ramon Sanchez, b. 1754, northern Sonora, Mexico. He is R-CTS7204 and no matches. What do we do with this now?
    See more | Go to post

• TMontes
    started a topic Y37 haplo O-M175-now what?

Y37 haplo O-M175-now what?

One guy in my project (actually 2-distantly related!) is O-M175. I would like to know how/what tests I should do to expand on origins...His ancestor in 1750 was a Filipino sailor in Mexico which fits. Any suggestions on what tests to do now to learn more abt his Y? Just don't know what to do next....
    See more | Go to post

• TMontes
    started a topic "I have added you to my tree at FTDNA"

"I have added you to my tree at FTDNA"

So I manage 27 kits.

Today I received an email saying " (Name) has added you to his tree. Click here to see it". OK, when I click "here", the circle just goes round and round and a notice says I am not logged in and I can see more if I do so. Problem is-just who...
    See more | Go to post

• TMontes
    replied to Y-37 Batch 624 problems??
    I did get a response re this issue. Was told poor sample quality. The autosomal FF was done w these samples and is ok. I upgraded in March from the late January testing of the kit person. Does this sound feasible?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TMontes
    started a topic Y-37 Batch 624 problems??

Y-37 Batch 624 problems??

In late March I ordered a y-37. I still have no results and the dates now are late Aug-Sept. that is over 4 months for a Y test (batch 624)....still problems at FTDNA?????
    See more | Go to post

• TMontes
    replied to Testing at Y-12
    I absolutely LOVE the y-12 kits!! WHY? Because I travel to remote locations in Mexico and the cheaper price allows me to get DNA samples and since I pay for everything I am doing (I am not a money tree) access to the y-12s let's me do this!!! Much of the time I am trying to confirm a 2 out of 3 haplo...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TMontes
    started a topic Just a question.......

Just a question.......

I manage 27 kits and order kits in my name and change the name when I decide who will get tested. I just tried to change a new (just received and used today on the "victim!") kit's name from mine to the tested person's name and I can not figure out how to do it? Things keep changing at...
    See more | Go to post

• TMontes
    replied to Sorry, Can't Gripe
    I really had great luck for the past 3-4 years of dealing with FTDNA-I have encouraged many many people to test with them. BUT now for over 5 days I am having problems just accessing my kits so yep, this is a gripe. A project has come to a complete halt.......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TMontes
    replied to Y matches not showing
    Well, after hearing from a guy who has 40 kits and can not access ANY OF THEM, I guess I don't feel so bad. So I just tried 9 of my over 25 accounts-only 1 worked fine, the others go no where when you click on the Y info or the matches. I am unable to even sign out for each account-except the one...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TMontes
    I emailed a ticket and have tried to call several times but only get a busy signal. I was planning on ordering a bunch more kits for my project BUT I think I will wait....WHEN I have time I will slowly check my other 25ish kits an see if the same issue exists....never did before over the past 3 y...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TMontes
    Last night I checked AGAIN and also one other older kit-still inaccessible regarding ANYTHING with the Y...Houston-error notice after a long wait. I have over 25 kits w FTDNA and I have never had this issue before in the past 3 years..HELP....I have sent a notice regarding the one kit but it will take...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TMontes
    It is the next day and just tried again. Houston...error message....when I try to see any Y stuff. This is not a new kit-3 yrs old but the new 37 match is ......so what is the problem here? Anyone else having the problem trying to look at y stuff on an older kit?????
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TMontes
    started a topic Y matches not showing

Y matches not showing

So I get an exciting email saying one of my kits has a Y37 match....All day today I have been trying to take a look. I can get the FF stuff but nothing happens at all in response to getting into ANY Y info. Can not access the Y at all. What is going on? I have not taken the time to try to access my...
    See more | Go to post

• TMontes
    started a topic How to change from female to male on the kit?

How to change from female to male on the kit?

Somehow when I ordered a FF kit the sex of the test person was set to female...I do not remember doing that as I at the time did not know who the kit would be used for. (I test many people!) I just now tried to upgrade the FF to Y37 (kit was used on a male)and see that it is a female head and therefore...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X