Search Result

Collapse
24 results in 0.0300 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Juulsen
    started a topic This awkward XDNA, once again.

This awkward XDNA, once again.

Hi,
    Is someone capable to explain why a distant cousin do not show up equally in two male cousins match list, at the same segment they match on;

I do have Cousin1 & Cousin2, matching each other like this;

In Cousin1s Matchlist:
    _________CHR Start ...
    See more | Go to post

• Juulsen
    replied to Excel CSV upload problems.
    I was able to download to Excel (CSV Format), for three of my kits straight before the base crashed again, reporting "https://www.familytreedna.com/my/family-finder/chromosome-browser-download.aspx?ekit=yAvprKEStudEn2O4rJDH2Q%3d%3d" is temporarely down or moved.

Darren, what...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Juulsen
    replied to Several X-DNA matches.
    That was unthoughtful of me. Two clusters for men, and tree for females. I have 15 kits that may have received XDNA fragments from a common 3rd great grandmother. First, to sort out the possible matches with XDNA fragments from her, might be a viable way to identify her.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Juulsen
    started a topic Excel CSV upload problems.

Excel CSV upload problems.

Hi,

anyone else experience problems when uploading .csv files in Chromosome Browser..?
    See more | Go to post

• Juulsen
    replied to Several X-DNA matches.
    Is two for males, and four for females, the correct answer to this question?

I.e. if you have a series of matches, A,B,C,D... on the same X-DNA segment, they will match each other in max. two aka four clusters. For males, an XDNA segment may run thru his maternal grandmother or thru maternal...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Juulsen
    started a topic Several X-DNA matches.

Several X-DNA matches.

I have a simple question;

If you have several X-DNA matches on the same segment, and all matches are IBD, what is the maximum number of clusters you possibly can have between these matches?

A “cluster” in this context, means that two or several matches, also matches
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Juulsen; 30 March 2016, 06:58 AM.

• FF – Download all matches in Chromosome browser.

When helpdesk is down, and I get no response from the customer support, I feel this is the only way to communicate;

When can we expect to be able to download all matches from the FamilyFinder Chromosome Browser again?
    See more | Go to post

• Juulsen
    started a topic Autosomal test interpretation.

Autosomal test interpretation.

As a new bee to autosomal interpretation, I have problem understand the attached picture;

I have tested two aunts and an uncle, who all are siblings.

The picture is captured from the browser of one of my aunts; the light blue shows my markers compared to hers, the green...
    See more | Go to post

• Ordering several kits at once?

I ordered 25 sets, and just paid $7.00/set, covering the postage. The sets are all blank, which means that I can decide later which test I will order and pay for the test then..

The kits are all linked to my e-mail address, so I just receive...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mmaddi and Lklundin,

You are quite right about my question, it is imprecise;

I intend to get samples from descendants as far away from the already submitted sets as possible. Is this right strategy..?

First, Martha had just one son, - but he had three children....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Identifying distant family members.

My questions has probably been answered many times on the forum, without me finding the answers;

Among my ancestors, I have the birth record for my 2nd great grandfather. It stated her name as Martha, -just that, Martha. No other information is available on here.

I have...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Juulsen; 17 May 2013, 06:13 AM.

• Juulsen
    replied to Df27+
    Like you, I could not find any testers close to my 37 STR marker panels. I am member of the Norway project, but my closest match here is 26/37. When I joined the P312 project, I was advised to take a 111-marker test. I am far off most of the testers here too.

I am eager to contribute...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Juulsen
    replied to Tracing materal ancestor.
    Thanks to all of you for taking interest in my case.

But MMaddi and T E Peterman, you hit the nail. But your answers also make me ask additional questions;

1. MMaddi you use the expression “triangulate”, can you explain?
    2. T E Peterman you talk about “amplify...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Juulsen
    started a topic Tracing materal ancestor.

Tracing materal ancestor.

As a newbe to autosomal testing, I am seeking some advices.

My materal ancestor five generations back, is not possible to trace by paper trail. She had only one son, but he again had three children.

All of these children have descendant who can be tested.

See more | Go to post

• Juulsen
    replied to Df27+
    I agree to this if you can find a testers you are genetically close to. However, for many us DF27+ that is not the case. Maybe you can hope that DF27 will become an integral part FamilytreeDNAs "Deep Clade" package. Myself, are testing thru the subcled to DF27, and are now in for L881 and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X