32 results in 0.0217 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Mike McG
    replied to New Matches
    DNA

Do you know if this mean we will not be able to see a transfer from Ancestry who matches us, has paid the fee, and can see us. I contacted a new A# match on Gedmatch only to find out he has also recently tranfered his data to FTDNA and paid the fee. He sees me on FTDNA with about...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tomtohioboy

You get half your autosomal genes from your mother and the other half is lost and similarly from your father. In theory, if your brother got his genes from the half that were lost, you would not match aDNA at all. In reality there is a distribution curve around the average...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• In trying to understand the variation of surnames in my Y DNA match list and what I initially perceived as a lack of matches with my surname, I have spent some time researching this situation from the other side, even to the point of testing with 23&me to confirm my FTDNA results. My surname is...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Mike McG; 11 May 2015, 06:49 PM. Reason: missing word

Leave a comment:

• Charles

My suggestion while you wait for FTDNA is to automatically upload your current Y str markrs to Ysearch, check the uploaded values manually, and then search for genetic matches at say 60 and 65 markers with a gd of 6 to see if just a couple of your markers are problematic. You...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mike McG
    replied to Y Haplotree

I have already tested DF27+, and Y5058+ (so far my terminal SNP) with another company. The F5058 in my original post is a typo. I have been waiting for A641 to be offered by FTDNA since, so far, that was phylogenetically equivalent to Y5058 based on Big Y results for testers in the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mike McG
    replied to Y Haplotree
    I was not expecting FTDNA to predict me as R-DF27 based on my YDNA 67 (although others were able), I was questioning why they were now predicting me as R-M343 > V88 > PF6289 rather than R-M343 > L389 > L752 > M269 as in the past. I should note that they were previously predicting many...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mike McG
    started a topic Y Haplotree

Y Haplotree

I was predicted to be R-M269 which was correct, and I am now blank and directed to page "A" on the tree but and on page "R" I am now shown as presumed positive for R-PF6289. I am R-DF27+, F5058+ (by other than FTDNA), but what is going on with your predictions based on YDNA 67?...
    See more | Go to post

• Mike McG
    replied to My Italian dna project
    dnoone

You do not appear to have a very common haplotype on YSearch. It looks to me that you could possibly be J1 which I believe has Semetic origins, so I would suggest you join the FTDNA Y DNA J project and see if they think you fit in. Good Luck in your search.

Mike...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mike McG
    replied to Seeking Some Assistance w/Results
    If you only have 3 matches with GD 3 distance for Y DNA 37 and since you did not list any, zero matches at any GD level for Y DNA 67 and 111 it is unlikely that further testing of Y DNA at this time will provide any help in your search for your birth family. I would think almost everyone who does Big...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I was born in the London/Middlesex area of southern England. My mother's ancestry is English Protestant also mainly from the London/Middlesex area in the 1800s and earlier with some ancestors from other nearby southern England counties. My father's ancestry is Irish Catholic. He was born near Cashel,...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Mike McG; 14 May 2014, 05:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mike McG
    replied to New Guy Here - NPE
    Bjackson,

From the surname list it certainly appears you probably have a significant Hispanic DNA match, but as others have noted this doesn't necessarily mean any of these will match your father surname. The chromosome data is difficult for me to read exactly, but it does appear your...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mike McG
    Bjackson,

I am also R1b1b2a1a (R-L11) in 23&me and predicted R-M269 by FTDNA based on YDNA 67 in FTDNA. I expect you will be the same. I am very close to the Dwyer/Ryan Modal in Ysearch and so it is highly likely I am in the Irish R-DF27 Munster group where essentially everyone...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Mike McG; 8 May 2014, 01:39 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• Mike McG
    BJackson,

My FTDNA results closely match my 23&me results when compared on GEDmatch. However, predicted ancestral origins based on autosomal DNA can vary significantly between the various available methodologies. If you look at your 23&me “Speculative” Ancestry Composition...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I see Dr Gleeson or someone is posting the presentations on You Tube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHn...IA2KUipZ_PlUlw...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mike McG
    replied to Irish Genealogy Help
    Naughtius

The link to the DNA page on the site that SCnMD refered to, Irelandxo.com, is http://www.irelandxo.com/trace-your-irish-roots-dna . I agree with the comments that their claims are "Bold", especially since they are referring to only testing one individual from each...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X