Search Result

Collapse
101 results in 0.0342 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Managing another kit at Ancestry

I have found that Ancestry a person can elect for another to Manage their kit. The manager can:
    View this persons ethnicity estimate.
    Learn about communities connected to this persons through common ancestors.
    Find out who is related...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My Heritage chromosome browser RSID

Yes my matches increased 10fold as well. A few of my matches came back as not related but the overall increase in matches make up for it.

I have a question about the chromosome browser results. There is an option to download the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have many kits that all have different logins and passwords. The DNA has been volunteered from parents, aunts, 2nd cousins etc for me to find out more about one mystery ancestor in particular. I have even had family members approach me to volunteer their DNA should I need it but I am only testing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That would be great if they could do that. I think it would encourage more family to get involved once they get an idea how it all works....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lassie
    started a topic Inviting others to view/use their DNA page

Inviting others to view/use their DNA page

I am researching a great grandfather and have paid for a cousin or two to do testing to use for comparison and matching. Is there any way I can give them access to their Family Tree DNA page and matches without giving them my user name and password.
    See more | Go to post

• Yes I use both at times trying to figure out if the person I have searched for is a direct line from the donor. They are often large trees and I end up on some distant cousin twig.

If I cannot see the name I am looking for in the first 5 generations I do a names search. When I am looking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Feature suggestion - Direct ancestors

Given we are all looking for DNA passed down from ancestors could the family trees have some kind of way we can clearly tell a direct ancestor from a related one. I suggest the background of the rectangle be coloured for direct relationship to the donor and a white background for their other relations....
    See more | Go to post

• I am frustrated with these trees as well. The pedigree chart is better but it is still painfully slow in loading. I would prefer pedigree trees like on Gedmatch where you can search for a name within as many generations you like and its very fast.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lassie
    replied to Just venting
    I often do research for other people in Australia for free. It does not take me long as I have been doing this for twenty years and have built up quite a bit of knowledge of where to find quite a bit of info without having to pay for it. Unfortunately that knowledge does not extend to the US which...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Lassie; 19 August 2016, 07:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lassie
    replied to Family Finder/My Origins - Greek
    Thanks Amando it is a tricky situation as it's on the other side of the family and we cant ask questions. I will stock up on some kits though at the current low price.

Thanks again
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lassie
    I will not be doing matching at this stage as the Greek person (grandfather) who is the non paternal is still alive and has his family. His own children don't even know they have a brother and nephew. We are just after some idea what the ethnicity is.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lassie
    Thank you all that was helpful. The Greek ancestor of this person is an NPE and we don't know anything about him. However the yDNA should come up with something so perhaps we'll do that. Maybe Geno 2.0 will be better.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lassie
    replied to Just venting
    I think with all the advertising on TV for these kits there are a lot of people that buy the kit without any knowledge of the science behind it or doing much research on their family history. Some like me have some unknown biological ancestor. I suspect this was the case and they did not want to talk...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lassie
    started a topic Family Finder/My Origins - Greek

Family Finder/My Origins - Greek

Does anyone know if it's worth testing Family Finder on someone with Greek ancestry. How much is this represented in FTDNA. Will the myOrigins tell me anything other than Greek or not even that.
    See more | Go to post

• Lassie
    started a topic Just venting

Just venting

I finally got a good match in GEDMatch. Four good lengths of sections on three chromosomes and the geographic region I am after. I only have one ancestor from that location and the only reason I am doing all this is to find out who he was. So we have a common ancestor 3-4 generations back. Contact...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X