No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
278 results in 0.1187 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• If you're determining paternity based off of military dog tags blood type, don't. My dog tags say I'm A+ but DNA and 2 pregnancies says I'm actually O+. I've found others who were typed incorrectly as well.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Littlest bit
    replied to Mike Maddi
    I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. We haven't crossed paths in some time but I remember so many threads in which his knowledge and wisdom was so helpful and appreciated. He was a trail blazer in genetic genealogy and he will be greatly missed. Condolences to his family.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Littlest bit; 18 May 2018, 09:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Littlest bit
    replied to mtDNA J1c12a
    AncestryDNA is an autosomal test which is inherited equally from both parents and includes all the various grandparents (~25 from each,) great grandparents (~12.5% from each,) and so on. Mitochondrial DNA, on the other hand, is a uniparental marker that follows a select inheritance path: your mom,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Littlest bit
    replied to J1c2 Mtdna meaning?
    Sorry, that thing is long gone. I started it many years ago for 23andme customers since 23andme offered so little haplogroup info but it got corrupted over the years and I've deleted what was left of it.

FTDNA's mtdna J group is a good place to start for info and Jim Logan has done...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Littlest bit
    replied to Eastern European?
    I manage a kit from someone who is Kashubian and these are her results:

British Isles < 1%
    East Europe 79%
    Finland < 2%
    Scandinavia 12%
    Southeast Europe 5%
    Iberia 0%
    West and Central Europe 0%...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Littlest bit
    started a topic Mtdna J - 2 questions

Mtdna J - 2 questions

First, has mtdna J group been abandoned by administrators? FTDNA updated assignments some time back, including mine, and mtdna J group is still showing us lumped with people who don't share our mutations. I've asked at least two times about this and I know at least one other person in the group...
    See more | Go to post

• Littlest bit
    replied to myGroups is Live!
    I wish mtdna J group was on the new MyGroups format. I manage my FMS test, a Mtdna plus account for my grandfather, and 2 Y testers and only my mtdna J is still stranded on Yahoo Tech groups. I love participating on on the various Y groups and my grandfather's mtdna K group Activity feed. It...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Littlest bit
    replied to mtdna & FF I'm confused
    The full mitochondrial sequence test is more of a scientific curiosity for most people, sometimes helpful for narrowing down populations for a specific lineage, and rarely, helpful for recent genealogy. The mtDNA Plus test is a waste of money for customers, and pretty unhelpful for science, IMO,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• This is a Polish person, all 8 great grandparents from NW Poland:

Population
    Anatolian Farmer 7.24
    Baltic Hunter Gatherer 68.79
    South American Hunter Gatherer 0.39
    South Asian Hunter Gatherer 0.72
    North Eurasian Hunter Gatherer 0.28
    East African...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I must be the exception because MyOrigins 2.0 gave me more West & Central Europe than I had before, more than I deserve. On paper I am 87.5% UK/Irish and 12.5% German/Swiss PA Dutch:

MyOrigins 2.0:
    West and Central Europe 53%
    British Isles 47%

MyOrigins...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I was suddenly switched to a different language some time back due to no input on my part. I don't know why that happens. It happens at 23andme for me, too, though it's not language. All of a sudden I'll have a different flag on my sign in page. Currently it's British for me, though it should...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Littlest bit
    replied to Ancient Origins
    Polish mother-in-law:
    14% Metal Age Invader
    37% Farmer
    49% Hunter Gatherer
    0% non European

Majority UK/Irish w/lesser German American colonial:
    10% Metal Age Invader
    44% Farmer
    46% Hunter Gatherer
    0% non European
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Everybody in my group has 100% European, except my son, which is interesting because both parents get 100% European:

Maternal grandfather- British born mom/American Colonial dad
    British Isles 58%
    W&C Europe 36%
    S Europe 6%

Mom - above + 25% PA Dutch/25%...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Littlest bit
    replied to Can I just say....
    You're telling me! I got notice of a big FF match from FTDNA so I checked it out and found a guy with the surname of a maternal grandmother, 249 cM over 37 segments. No tree and won't respond to email. The match is 10/10/16, so I assume he's still around. Seriously, why test at all? For the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My grandfather has a 37 marker match, GD=2, and they share a 3rd great grandfather. They also share autosomal DNA consistent with 4th cousins (.48% over 2 segments, at 23andme.) This is their TIP prediction:

Generations Percentage
    4 59.03%
    8 89.06%
    12 97.48%...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X