Collapse
72 results in 0.0178 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• cokie
    replied to Native American dna.
    I read that Jim, thanks, but it doesn't explain what 12-16 means for the D9S919 marker test.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cokie
    So I had the D9S919 marker test done and my results were 12-16. What does that mean?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cokie
    FTDNA didn't pick up any Native American. I get some Siberian on various Gedmatch admixtures. I think this is from my Ukrainian ancestry.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cokie
    started a topic Native American dna.

Native American dna.

There's supposed to be Native American in my ancestry. It shows up in percentages under 2% on various admixtures on Gedmatch. I'm told this is noise but it shoes up in several tests and if it's noise why is it always NA noise? I did have a French Canadian ancestor who did have an Abenaki wife and subsequently...
    See more | Go to post

• cokie
    replied to Ukrainian ancestry anyone?
    My paternal grandparents immigrated to western Canada in 1913 from western Ukraine (Galicia). Since there's a large population here of Ukrainians I have connected with some close relatives. My y-dna haplogroup is actually Scandinavian. The Vikings of course were prominent in the history of Rus as Ukraine...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cokie
    replied to DNA.Land Vs. MyOrigins
    dnaland has me 23% Italian. That would mean I had one parent Italian which I don't, not even close in my ancestry. I get Mediterranean a lot in admixtures which I think comes from the French in me, my closest French ancestor was a 3rd great grandmother from Quebec. My Father was Ukrainian, my Mother...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cokie
    started a topic Central South Asian

Central South Asian

My Father was Ukrainian, my Mother NW Europe. I have 3% Central South Asian and only 37% Eastern Europe which is odd. How old is the Central South Asian? Slavs came from that region but so did all Europeans so why do some of my matches show 100% European? I know eastern Europeans can have recent ancestry...
    See more | Go to post

• cokie
    replied to Native DNA
    georgian1950 - that sounds intriguing, can you provide me with more information? How do you know we're connected via X-dna? You don't know my kit no. do you? I have researched my family in the US and have never found any connection to North Carolina, we came from Mass., Conn., NY., NJ.,and Vermont....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by cokie; 9 July 2015, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cokie
    replied to Native DNA
    Family stories say I have a Native American ancestor. I did find one ancestor from New France, my 7th great grandmother, whose father was married to an Abenaki woman. The records are murky and he had one or 2 more wives. My 7th great grandmother is noted as Amerindian in some old records but that's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It seems reasonably accurate to me. My paternal side is from Ukraine, maternal all over NW Europe, mostly UK
    37% trans-ural peneplain
    29% European northlands
    15% European coastal islands
    15% north meditterranean basin
    3% Eurasian heartland

I think these...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cokie
    started a topic Admixture

Admixture

Admixture compares one's dna to other populations to determine your ancestry. Generally it appears that these results show a broad range of ethnic origins for most people as it does for me. If someone was comparing their dna to mine as a reference for Ukrainian for example, as my paternal ancestry is...
    See more | Go to post

• cokie
    started a topic admixture utilities

admixture utilities

On Gedmatch there are many admixture utilities, quite simple to use, however, how does one interpret them. They all give varying results, or are they supposed to? Basically the results are what I would expect for my ancestry, but some results in some tests are somewhat odd. My maternal is NW Europe...
    See more | Go to post

• their chromosome painting compares to their own database, I assume? so it shows me mostly as Toscani from italy, with bits of African and Mexican and Chinese and Gujarati Indian.
    From my paper research I'm mostly NW and eastern European, with a small % of African and some Native American from...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks Felix, it works beautifully. The results I got from Interpretome are somewhat.. interesting..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• [QUOTE=N21163;364434]If you're still interested in calculating the Neanderthal component, I found a blog that tells you how to convert your ftdna raw data to [mimic] 23andme.

*section 6. "Converting FF data to 23andMe format"

My ftdna raw data is over 12,000...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X