165 results in 0.1518 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Tourist
    replied to Disappointed
    Hi, Sue,

In response to your first post on this thread, it unfortunately often happens that many people who test are not willing to meet and share their test results with anybody. Yes, it seems as though they could and should but the reality is that many people do not. Another thing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I agree. FTDNA should put my match updates into my match lists at the same time that an e-mail is sent to me about that. Otherwise, I do not mind getting an e-mail notice. It tells me about data which is of interest to me and gently reminds me that FTDNA continues to work on my behalf. That happens...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• @ ToddH

FTDNA really is a high quality genetic testing company. Sure, delays can happen, but there usually is an explanation for that, such as an unexpected unavailability of testing materials and supplies, etc. Those kinds of things can happen and I have seen it happen time and time...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Well, from what I can gather of it, the Island of Ireland, and never mind Northern Ireland for that is another matter, but Ireland could be drawn in about half, from west to east, from roughly the southern border of Connacht to roughly a bit south of Belfast, Ulster. I have genetic relatives all over...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Please cool it off, you guys. I have been here for more than a few years and I can assure you that delays in processing sometimes do happen, unfortunately. But you are dealing with a very high quality company, FTDNA, and you eventually will get the results you seek.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tourist
    replied to Batch 630 - Y immediately delayed
    Worry not, please! FTDNA is a most reliable company but sometimes things happen which can cause delays. Your test results will come through although maybe not on the original time schedule. Hang in there. You are not the first person to have encountered a scheduling difficulty.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tourist
    replied to The Lost Tribe, M269
    Top this!

I am M222 which is downstream of M269, a white guy with green eyes and who once had dark brown hair although it has now become more grey and white.

But after Big Y testing it turned out that I also have an ancient upstream African Aborigine SNP marker, untraceable...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tourist
    replied to How prevalent are R-M269 members?
    I have tested extensively with FTDNA but that was to search for my father's family history, that by paper trail goes back to only the later 18th century. I have not tested with Family Finder, but now that I have a clear picture of my father's genetic history I am thinking of seeing what my mother's...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Tourist; 19 May 2015, 08:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tourist
    Eurogenes K15 ??? Sorry, I am not familiar with that. What is it?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tourist
    Hi,

Yeah, I was responding to the OP's question, "How prevalent are R-M269 members?" And unless a person has been SNP tested then the designation of R-M269 is really only an estimate, and so I included my own experience with that, as above.

The L-21, R-M222...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Tourist; 18 May 2015, 10:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tourist
    The designation of R-M269 can be misleading. After testing at 37 STR markers I was designated as R-M269. But then I took an SNP test and was re-designated as R-M222, which apparently is further downstream of R-M269.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tourist
    replied to Nationalist Finnish scientists?
    My wife is from Finland, her parents are Finnish and my mother-in-law, who is now in her mid-eighties, says that nobody really knows just where the Finns came from.

Archaeological records suggest that the proto-Finnish language and the Saami languages were related no less than a few thousand...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Tourist; 24 July 2014, 12:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tourist
    replied to Schpelling...
    The Internet has caused me to substantially modify my reading of posts and my expectations of the written language. There was a time when I was much more demanding, but for a number of reasons acceptable writing on the Internet is in practice held to much looser standards, as perhaps English could...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tourist
    replied to The Irish are not Celts
    Apparently once in a while some very ancient human remains have been discovered in Ireland, usually in a bog or a peat bank, and apparently there have been some efforts to extract DNA samples from some of them. That could be an excuse to Google on that topic.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• FTDNA includes Matches Maps pages, available on your FTDNA homepage, which show matches by nationality and at various resolutions (For instance at 13, 25, 37, 67 and 111 markers), but unfortunately not everybody in the FTDNA databank is listed or shown on those pages.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X