Collapse
293 results in 0.1476 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• katerennie4
    replied to Zero step mtDNA match
    No. If you had a Spanish maternal haplotype, you *might* be able to say the connection is likely in the last 350 years. However given that you have an NA haplotype, I don't think you can say much of anything about how long ago the connection was.

I would suggest trying to find the connection,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Yes, it's theoretically possible (hence the 18% chance he's your father) however obviously from what you know that's definitely not the case. Honestly you could be looking at 2 generations back or 12. If you can, I suggest a Family Finder test to see if you match at all. That will give you some kind...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• katerennie4
    replied to New Matches Coming In
    or instead of defaulting to distant cousin, they should just allow comparisons without having to set a relationship! It's annoying that I have to click "distant" for each new one that comes in. I have five kits, it takes time I don't particularly have.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That is amazing!

I have to say this is a great example why adoptees should test everyone possible b/c you just never know where you might luck out!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• katerennie4
    started a topic how distant?

how distant?

This is for a 23andme match,

My grandmother matches a man over 3 segments, 0.42% total,

11.3cM - chrom 6
    8.6cM - chrom 13
    11.4cM - chrom 19

What are the chances this is from a recent connection? My grandmother seems to have a lot of 2 - 3 segment...
    See more | Go to post

• katerennie4
    replied to batch 513
    I got my grandpa's FMS tonight H1aj. Has 1 one step who looks like she's from Sweden/Norway, and a 2-step that's in the US. My grandfather's known originator is in southern Germany near Switzerland. So these both look exceedingly distant.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• katerennie4
    replied to Which Son???
    How far back is this? You have to be cognizant of the founder effect, which could be going on here, depending.

And the documentation issue is a big one. Although linking to a prominent family is something a lot of people want to do (and often do despite missing paper trails), the main...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• katerennie4
    replied to batch 513
    yup, still waiting on FMS, still says 7/1/13 as the due date...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• katerennie4
    replied to batch 513
    still waiting for FMS results...I don't know why, but whenever things get pushed back I become convinced for a second that it's because the results came in unlike anything known and it turns out I have a Neanderthal haplogroup, lol. Or in this case, my grandfather does. Probably wishful thinking....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That was my first concern too, that they might be closely related, but it does not appear so. Person B was actually a match at Ancestry first. She purchased a kit here and we were expecting she'd match my dad's mother. Her own grandfather's heritage is murky but he apparently had an aunt with a surname...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by katerennie4; 18 June 2013, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• you also have to consider the possibility you and this man share another common ancestor. I'd carefully check the rest of your tree to make sure before you make any conclusions.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks that's what I was figuring, it's probably further back than I was hoping.

He does have a 5.36 segment with person A and a 4.29 as well. The rest are 1-3.5.

And with person B he has a 5.09 segment. The rest there are 1-2.5.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• katerennie4
    started a topic Relationship Approx?

Relationship Approx?

Here's the gist of the situation,

My father matches two people A and B on the same part of chromosome 8. To person A the segment is 21.05 cM and to person B the segment is 16.17 cM.

FTDNA is predicting person A is a 3rd cousin of my father (range 2nd to 4th). They share...
    See more | Go to post

• katerennie4
    replied to Shocking and Interesting
    10.21 cM's is very short for a 2nd-3rd cousin designation. As an example, my grandmother and her third cousin share 76.28 cM total and 32.45 cM longest, and they are predicted 2nd-4th cousins.

I would believe this is more likely the result of intermarriage similar to the Ashkenazi Jewish...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• katerennie4
    replied to HVR1 and haplogroups
    Do you and your wife have similar heritages? Are you from a group that tends to intermarry?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X